Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Jacey~

"Blake!? What the hell are you doing, scaring the shit out of me like that!?" I shout, putting a hand over my heart. I struggle to get up. Pain shoots through my leg, but I ignore it.

"I wasn't trying to scare you! I saw you, and you looked so lost, so I was gonna ask you if you wanted a ride. I tried calling you, but you wouldn't pick up," he explains.

"Oh. Yeah, I kind of left my phone at Jake's, and yeah, I am lost," I tell him.

Blake narrows his eyes at me. "Where's Jake?Weren't you guys on a date?" he asks accusingly.

I shake my head sadly. "I don't wanna talk about it," I mutter as a tear trickles down my cheek.

Blake stares at me for a second. He reaches out to me but then pulls away. I catch his hand before it falls to his side, which takes me by surprise for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm not touchy.

2) Blake usually triggers bad feelings and confusions.

3) I'm the one instigating this touch.

Why would I want him to touch me? Or vice versa? It's like my hand had a mind of its own.

Blake's face shows the same expression: surprise.

His hand feels warm in mine.

I quickly drop his hand.

"Sorry," I whisper, looking at the ground.

Blake just nods. He slowly reaches out and puts a finger under my chin.

I try hard not to flinch and...I don't! Instead, I feel sparks all over.

Oh my God. It's like Jake all over again!

Holy crap. Jake.

"Blake, can I borow your phone!?" I ask urgently.

"But-"

"Please!"

Blake sighs but takes out his phone, handing it to me.

I dial Jake's number and curse when it goes to voicemail.

"Jake, it's me. I just want you to know that I'm safe. Blake found me, so you don't have to worry. I left my phone at your house, if you haven't already figured that out."

The phone beeps, indicating the end of the message.

Sighing, I hand the phone back to Blake.

"Are you ok? You had some fall back there," Blake says.

I touch my head, feeling only a little bit of pain.

"I'm fine," I reply.

Blake gives me a skeptical look. "You could have a concussion," he remarks.

I shake my head. "No, really. It's just a few scrapes here and there," I reassure him.

Blake nods.

Silence engulfs us for a good few seconds before Blake finally asks, "So what happened?"

I take a deep breath, willing the tears away unsuccessfully.

"I-I..."

Blake takes a step closer to me. His face is an inch away from mine, and his breath blows across my face. Blake raises his hand and wipes a tear off my cheek as he stares into my eyes, and I stare back into his ocean colored ones.

"You can tell me, Jacey."

So that's how I ended up spilling my guts out to Blake on the curb of a random street I still don't know the name of. Of course, I didn't tell him EVERYTHING. And of course, him being him, he wanted to know EVERYTHING.