Chapter 17

Chapter 17

~Blake~

I pace the hospital hallway while Ethan, Cindy, Michelle, and Katie sit on the blue plastic chairs lined up against the wall.

Why hasn't the doctor come out yet?

Well speak of the devil.

The doctor walks out, and the girls and Ethan look up as I rush to the doctor, bombarding him with questions.

"How is she? Is she ok? Is she awake? What's the damage? Can I see her? Is it serious? I-"

"Son!" the doctor shouts over me.

I clamp my mouth shut.

"Thank you," he breathes out. "Jacey is fine. She has some minor cuts and bruises, but nothing we can't fix. She is awake now, but she might be a little drowsy," he says.

"Can we go see her?" Michelle asks.

The doctor nods before walking away with the nurses.

I gulp and stare at the door that leads to Jacey's room.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't told Katie to convince her, she wouldn't have ever come! Then Jake wouldn't have ever made a move!

~Jacey~

This is all my fault. I knew I would regret ever saying yes to go to that damned party. Why did I give in? Oh yeah, because there was a possibility that Blake would be there.

Yes, I admit it. I like Blake. All of those things I've done around him, I couldn't have explained it anyway else.

Jake was...just a good friend. Stress on WAS. He was just using me, just like every guy (probably including Blake) does.

I realized that even though I was comfortable with Jake, he wasn't my type. He was sweet and all when we were going out, but I like badass guys, like Blake, who don't think that I'm fragile and that if I'm not handled right I'll break. I mean, yeah, Blake's gentle, but he doesn't underestimate me.

Why can't all boys be what they seem to be?

Sighing, I look around my surroundings, taking in a lot of white. The walls, the lights, the furniture, everything. White. It's almost blinding.

I get startled a little when the door strarts to open. I groan internally. Visitors is really the last thing I need right now.

However, when the head of an all too familiar blonde boy pokes through the doorway, I can't help but lighten up.

"Can we come in?" he asks with a goofy grin as he takes a step inside the room.

I roll my eyes, a small smile playing on my lips. "You're already in, dumbass."

Following Blake are Cindy, Michelle, Ethan, and Katie.

So he brought the whole brigade.

Wait a second.

"You didn't call my parents, did you!?" I ask them, panicked.

Ethan sends me a quizzical look. "Of course we did! You're in the hospital, if you haven't noticed. They should be here any moment now," he says.

This time, I groan externally and slump into my bed (which is also white, might I add).

"Why? What's wrong?" Blake asks.

"I'm grounded because I got detention for 2 weeks. My dad flipped! They think I'm at Cindy's working on a project."

Katie raises an eyebrow. "So? Just say there was an accident."