Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~Jacey~

As I drive to Ethan's house, I think to myself, why am I doing this?

I haven't talked to Jake since last night! I should be going to him!

But, do I really want to? I mean, it'll just be too much to bear. I don't want to break down, AGAIN.

Jake hasn't even called me, though. Well, he probably doesn't know I have my phone back.

As I pull into Ethan's driveway, I make a mental note to visit Jake once I find Blake.

I get out of my car and walk up the walkway that was once cluttered with people and trash...and other unsightly things I'd rather not mention.

After a moment's hesitation, I ring the doorbell.

I hear a muffled, "Coming" before Ethan swings the door open.

His face lights up when he sees me. "Jacey! What's up?"

I shrug. "Can you tell me where Blake lives?" I ask him.

Ethan raises his eyebrows but nods. "Uh, yeah. Can I...text you the address?"

Hold up. Did Ethan just ask for my number?

"Uh...sure?" I answer more like a question.

Ethan grins. "Great! What's your number?" he asks me.

I tell him my number, and a minute later, my phone beeps from my back pocket.

"Right! Ok, thanks a lot!" I tell Ethan.

I turn around to leave, but he catches my hand.

I cringe, and he immediately lets go.

"Sorry. I just wanted to um...apologize for the other day...when you ran out? I never...I never said sorry for that. So...sorry." Ethan stares at me expectantly, but I'm speechless.

Wow, he's actually apologizing! And here I thought he was just a prick all the time!

I smile at him. "It's ok. We're cool!" I tell him.

Ethan grins. "Great! Thanks, Jacey!" He playfully salutes me before closing the door.

I walk down the walkway, looking at Blake's address.

I enter it into my GPS once I'm in my car.

Time to go to Blake's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare up at the mansion.

This is it.

Wow. He must be mega-rich!

There's a long driveway that leads to a mansion that is twice the size of my house.

I walk up to the double doors and ring the doorbell.

After a few shouts inside the house, the door opens, revealing a petite woman with blonde hair and the same exact ocean blue eyes as Blake.

"Uh, hi! I'm Jacey. Is Blake there?" I ask awkwardly.

The lady's-I'm assuming his mom-eyes light up.

"So you're Jacey! My! You're even prettier than he says!" she exclaims.

I start to blush and advert my gaze.

Blake's mom steps aside. "Come in, come in! Blake has said so much about you!"

I feel my face heat up again. Blake talks about me?

The thought brings a smile onto my face.

"I'm Susan, by the way! Don't call me Mrs. Carter, or anything! It makes me feel old," she tells me.