Chapter 28

Chapter 28

~Jacey~

"FREEDOM!" Blake shouts as he runs out of the school building, swinging his backpack around before tossing it to the side.

I giggle and shake my head at his childishness as I walk out with my friends.

It's finally spring break, and everything finally seems to be put together again.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, awesome friends, and...as much as I used to hate admitting, I'm popular!

"Guys, party at Jonas' tonight! His parents are out of town!" Ethan exclaims, throwing his arm around Katie, who blushes.

I shake my head and laugh. "I'm sure your parents knew you were going to throw a party. Why do they even bother leaving you alone?"

Jonas shrugs. "They just love me all that much," he says with a grin.

Ethan smacks his head. "Hey, no one's complaining, right?"

I laugh and shake my head before dragging Cindy away from the crowd. Although I'm friends with Michelle and Katie closely too, I feel more comfortable talking with Cindy, especially now that she knows about my past.

"Cindy, I want to do something special for Blake. It's break, so we can pretty much do anything, now. He's always doing stuff for me, and I want to return the favor," I tell her.

Cindy grins evilly at me. "Oh my God!" she squeals.

I cover her mouth and put a finger to my lips. "Shh!" I whisper. "It's supposed to be a surprise."

Cindy nods, giggling softly after I uncover her mouth. "Let me just tell you," she starts, "that I have been waiting for this moment for forever!" she exclaims.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Just help me!"

Cindy nods, putting her hands up in surrender. "All right, all right. I will. Now, what do you have in mind?"

My eyes trail behind her at Blake, who's currently chatting with Jack.

I look back at Cindy and shrug. "A surprise date?" I say more like a question.

Cindy shakes her head. "No way! That's too typical. It has to be something special..." she trails off, lost in her own thoughts.

I think too, as I watch Blake talk excitedly to Jack.

I wonder what he's talking about.

~Blake~

"No man, a surprise date isn't going to cut it. Besides, I already tried that, and it didn't turn out too well...never really got back to it. It has to be special!"

Jack shrugs. "I don't know, man. I mean, what does she like?" he asks.

I shrug. "I don't know! That's why I need help!"

"How about a road trip?"

I raise my eyebrows. "A road trip?" I clarify.

Jack nods. "Take her someplace-just you and her," he says.

I think about the idea before grinning. "Jack, you're a genius!" I exclaim.

Jack smirks. "I know."

"And I know the perfect place!"

~Jacey~

"Cindy, telling him about my past is not special," I tell her.

Cindy shrugs, smirking, as I just roll my eyes.

"I'm serious, Cindy! I need something!"

Cindy glances at her phone and then looks back up at me. "Listen, I have to get going, now. Call me and we can talk!" she says, waving as she walks to her car.

I sigh and wave back before going to Blake. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Hey," I say in his ear.

Blake turns around, placing his arms lightly on my waist. "Hey!" he greets.

I eye him suspiciously. "Why are you so happy?" I ask.

Blake shrugs. "No school," he replies.

I shake my head. "Well, I'm going home now. Maybe we can hang out later?"

Blake smiles. "Sure," he says.

I smile, too. "Great!" I peck him on the lips. "See ya!" I call as I walk to my car.

I get in, strapping the seatbelt around myself and starting the car.

Maybe I could get tickets to his favorite band.

But what is his favorite band?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! I'm home!" I call into the expected empty house.

But to my surprise, both of my parents are home, and they're both seated together in the living room.

This can't be good.

I slowly walk over to them, hitching my bag further up my shoulder. "Mom, Dad. What are you doing home so early?"

"We have some news," my Dad declares, motioning for me to sit down.

I do before proceeding with my interrogation. "It's not about...?"

My dad's eyes widen. "Oh! No! Of course not!" he assures me.

I sigh in relief and relax in my chair. "Then what's up?" I ask.

"Honey, we're moving."