Chapter 2: Rooftop Tears

I sat on the rooftop garden. Kind of like the one in High School Musical, but much prettier. I just let the tears out. Thank God I was wearing waterproof eyeliner and clear mascara. Niall and Zayn walked up the steps, along with Harry, to my surprise.

"I'm sorry, I tried to stop it before any drama or tears happened," Harry said, sitting down next to me.

"It's not your fault, I know you tried preventing it," I said, embarrassed and looking down.

"You gonna be okay?" Niall asked, bending down in front of me.

I nodded, and Zayn offered me his hand to get up.

"We're here for you," Zayn said, referring to Niall and himself.

"You want us to walk you to your next class?" Niall asked, as he gave me a brotherly hug.

"No, it's okay. I don't want you guys to be late to class."

"I'll walk her, we have the same class," Harry volunteered, with a sweet smile.

I lightly smiled back. We walked to class together in silence. The teacher told us there was assigned seating. We looked at the seating chart. Harry looked at it first.

"Nice, you sit right next to me," he said.

The teacher revealed her name was Mrs. Polo. Again, we did the same thing with the rules and the get to know each other games. The class was full of students younger than us. We were the only two seniors in the class. But the junior girls still swooned at Harry. I chuckled and just looked at how the girls would act. He looked over at me and just laughed.

"What is it with girls and the fascination with you?," I said, sounding more rude than I intended.

He looked at me and put his hand over his chest, pretending to be hurt by my words.

"I don't mean it in a bad way. I just haven't seen a guy make girls swoon for him as much as you do, other than Collin."

"Maybe it's my smile and dimples," he said, which he in no time flashed at me.

I just shook my head and laughed at him.

----------------------------------

Time passed and the bell rang for our morning break. We both walked to our lockers, and we found out we had lockers right next to each other.

"Wow. Neighbor in school and outside of school. Guess I'll be seeing you a lot more often," he winked and stuck his tongue out.

We both laughed. Niall and Zayn approached us, and a short while after, Liam and Louis joined. We all sat by our lockers on a little grassy area. We talked about our second class and then talked about our summer. They told me about their band. They were going to have practice after school at 5 until 6:30 at Liam's house.

"Hey, you should come. You did want to hear us play," Liam said.

They all agreed I should go. And I agreed with them. I sent a quick text to my parents telling them I'd be at a friend's house with Niall and Zayn.

Collin approached us.

"Can we talk about what happened?," he said looking down at me, noticing Harry sitting next to me and rolling his eyes at him.

I didn't even get to answer before he pulled me to my feet and walked me a few feet away from them.

"It's not what it looked like. She came on to me and kissed me," Collin said, defensively.

"I know. Just sucks that you did that stupid tally in the first place. Why should it matter who's better between you and Harry?"

"Speaking of Harry, why are you with him?"

"We had our second class together. He's really nice," I said smiling at the end.

"I don't want you near him," Collin said sternly.

"Why? He's a nice guy," I said, looking over at Harry.

Harry waved over at us.

"Yeah, a little too nice. Besides you should be with me and my friends," Collin said, rolling his eyes and glaring.

"No. Your friends either hate me because I'm dating you, or look at me like they're ready to pounce on me as soon as you leave."

"Why do you have to hang out with only guys? Hang out with the cheerleaders."

"No, they all hate me. And I hang out with guys because there's no drama."

"I don't want you hanging out with all those boys. I'm barely ok with that Niall kid and the bad boy."

"That 'bad boy's' name is Zayn. And you can't tell me who to hang out with. You don't own me. Why not try to hang out with them? Get to know them. They're really cool," I said.

"Not if Harry is around them. You know I don't like him. And yeah, I kind of do own you. Since you are MY girlfriend!," Collin exclaimed.

"I'm not an object! This conversation is over. Go hang out with your friends, and stop telling me who to hang out with."

"Fine. But those boys are no good, they are trouble. I can tell."

I turned around and left Collin. I sat back down with the guys again. Collin looked at me then at Harry, then at me again. I just don't get why he doesn't like Harry, or want to hang out with my friends. I hang out with his when he takes me to his house or when we go to his friends' house.

"Why are all guys such jerks?," I said.

They all look at me with a 'come on' and offended face.

"Sorry. Okay. Not all guys are."

-------------------------------------------------

The day goes by fast and next thing you know, it's our last class. Collin has football, and the boys have soccer. Zayn and I have a teacher's aid for our last period in the office. Collin texts me that there's a football game this Friday and wants me to go. I text him back and say 'o.k.'. He also tells me that practice will run late, and I could wait for him. I tell him that I made plans with Zayn and Niall to hang out with the other boys. I didn't tell him Harry would be there, he would immediately get mad and flip out on me. He was okay with me being with just them two.

Before I left with Zayn and Niall, Collin came out to where we were and he kissed me passionately. Something we didn't do the whole day. When he went to go back to the football field, the other three boys came out of the locker room. Collin came across Harry, harshly and rudely barged into Harry.

"I'm sorry about that," I said walking up to Harry, who was grabbing onto his shoulder.

"It's fine. Not your fault your boyfriend is a DOUCHEBAG," he said, yelling at the end in Collin's direction.

We all went in three separate cars. Niall and Louis in one. Zayn and Liam in another. Harry and I in his. Thank God Collin wasn't around, he'd flip out if he ever saw me in the car with Harry. I knew I had to tell him sooner or later, but I choose later.