Chapter 18: Mistletoe

Christmas was just around the corner and there was a small dance for the senior class only. It was going to happen this Friday before our two week winter break. It was only a day away. I had my outfit picked out already. A red vintage style dress, a black clutch and black ballet flats. I was going to curl my hair and wear natural make up, adding a smokey eye effect to it. I couldn't wait to see what the boys would look like. 

This time they weren't going to perform, which was nice. I had a chance to dance with them. Harry had a date. Her name was Leila. My dad got us all a limo to go in. Winter formal was one of the cutest things in high school. Collin was going to be in the same car with Harry for the first time. They both promised me that they'd be civil. I went to sleep and couldn't wait for tomorrow.

    I went to school the next day, and thankfully the school day went by quick. The dance was later today. Collin and I went to go get some coffee before he dropped me off to get ready. It was 4:30 when he dropped me off. I decided to take a quick nap before the dance. I woke up at 5 o'clock sharp.

I took a shower and did my make up first. I curled my hair, not too bouncy. They were just right. I put my dress on and slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my clutch and put lipgloss, my phone, a hair tie, and a bobby pin in it. I looked at myself in the mirror and agreed with myself. I put together a pretty nice and classy outfit. Just my style.

"Lana! The boys are here!" my mother yelled from the stairs.

I walked down and all eyes were on me. And just like Homecoming, Harry's eyes were glued on me. He had his date with him already, and she nudged him. It made him snap back into reality. I saw Collin and he had a smile. I smiled back at him as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Here, I got you this," he said slipping a corsage on my wrist. 

It had a red rose, a green bow, and mistletoe on it. Very Christmas-y.

   My parents took pictures and we were off in the limo. I took pictures inside the limo with my polaroid camera. We made funny faces and laughed. To my surprise, Collin and Harry laughed at each other's jokes. I had all my favorite boys by my side tonight. The whole ride, there was Christmas songs playing. We got to the school and it was nicely decorated. Collin was the first to walk in, and went to his friends. The boys got out of the car. As Harry and I walked in, it just so happened that we walked through the doorway at the same.

"You're right under the mistletoe, you two!" Louis pointed out laughing. "I demand you two kiss right now!"

"No," we both said in unison.

"YES!" he exclaimed.

"No Lou," I said. 

He wouldn't take it as an answer. Harry and I looked at each other and we leaned in. We kissed each other on the cheek.

"That doesn't count!" Niall said.

"You never said where," Harry said, walking away. 

I looked at Harry's date. She looked jealous and furious.

"Well, I'm going to go find Collin."

With that I walked away, trying to escape the awkward position I was in. I looked back and Harry was staring at me.

    A bunch of dance songs came on. Collin and I danced together to almost every one of them. I danced with all the other boys, except Harry. He had Leila dancing with him the whole time.

"We're going to slow things down. Fellas, grab a girl you didn't bring and dance with her to this next song," the D.J. said.

I looked around and saw Collin dance with one of the cheer girls, Lisa. I saw Amanda with her arms crossed in jealousy. It made me laugh inside. I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around and saw Harry.