Chapter 50: Rage (Amber's POV)

Amber's POV

    Amanda, Collin and I went to the beach. I shouldn't have opened my mouth to Mandy about Harry being there with Alannah. I didn't want to ruin Harry's day with Alannah, but they had recently spent a whole week together. In a foreign country. In a hotel room. Together. I had grown fond of Harry. He was sweet, kind, caring, everything you wanted in a boy. I could've sworn he was going to ask me out the day before he left to London with 'her'. I knew they were best friends, but even Collin could see they had a connection.

    I had told Amanda that I liked Harry. She suggested to get in the middle between him and Alannah like she did with her and Collin. Frankly, I didn't like the idea. I was never one to scheme such a thing. I felt bad that Collin cheated on Alannah. I couldn't do anything about it.

   We walked close to a couple. Well, not exactly. At least I hope not. It was Alannah and Harry. It looked as if they were about to kiss.

"Hey guys!" my mouth blurted out.

"HELLO LOVEBIRDS!" I heard someone yell. I looked up to see Louis.

"Hey guys," Alannah said pushing Harry away.

I have to admit, I was a bit jealous. Alannah looked annoyed, and so did Harry.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did we ruin something?" Amanda said.

Alannah got up and walked away. Harry got up and went after her. I felt a bit more jealous. I needed to break up whatever they had going on right now. I dropped my stuff close to Harry's.

"HARRY!" I yelled, running toward them.

"Hey."

"Come on. Let's go in," I said. I grabbed his hand and pulled him in the water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Everytime I saw Harry and Alannah get close and be alone, I'd waltz right up and interrupt. I wanted Harry to be mine. Alannah announced she was going to leave. My plan had worked! I didn't think it would.

"You need a ride?" Harry asked.

I frowned at the thought of him being alone with her. Ugh! Why can't he just forget her and be with me!

"I can take you home," Collin said.

"No. She won't be getting a ride from you. I'll take you home Lanna," Zayn said. 

With that, Zayn and Alannah left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Harry looked bored, like he didn't want to be here. I tried cheering him up but nothing would work. He got this way since Alannah left. I hated it! I tried everything. He kept looking at his phone while we sat on the towels. He got up and started packing.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Home."

"Was it something I did?" I asked, feeling guilty.

"No," he said sternly.

"Well, can I go with you?"

I didn't want him to go home just to be with Alannah. So I had to intervene as much as I could.

"I just really need some alone time," he replied.

"Oh. Well, can I at least get a ride home?"

I was getting desperate.

"Sure."

I packed my things and we went on our way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The car ride was very silent. I hated that he wasn't paying attention to me as much as he usually did. We pulled up to my house and he was a true gentlemen, as always. But he was still very quiet. We walked to the door in silence.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I just need to do something. Something I've been waiting to do for a while."

Was this it? Was he finally going to ask me out? I hope he was. Was I going to be Harry's girl?

"I'm going to ask Alannah out."

Wait, what? Her?! Why her?! She loved someone else while she was dating Collin. She would just cheat on Harry. Kind of like the way she was emotionally cheating on Collin. No!

"Why her?!" I stomped. 

I realized as soon as the words left my mouth that I had said it out loud. Harry's face grew surprised. my own reaction even surprised me.

"Because I love her."

"What about me?"

"You're a great girl, Amber. Just not the one for me."

"I thought you liked me."

"I was interested, yes. But I have feelings for Lanna."

"What if she doesn't like you back?"

"It's a chance I'm willing to take."

I was frustrated and flabbergasted. He couldn't possibly like her! She was wrong for him.

"You'll come crawling back to me," I said.

I'd never felt so jealous or devious before. I was becoming like Amanda.

"You're all of a sudden so clingy," he said, shocking me.

"I was the one who was always here for you! That's why I've become so attached."

I felt rag fill me. This weird evilness grow. I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not.

"She will never be like me!" I said out of rage.

There goes my mouth. It has become very big and outspoken.

"You're right. She's not like you. Never will be. Bye, Amber," he said, walking away.