Chapter 93: News (Harry's POV)

After the intimate night I spent with Alannah, my love for her had grown. Sending her texts throughout the day and hearing her laugh over the phone when I called. I had to give it time, however. She had just broken up with that Nick kid.

As I was walking to the studio, I ran into a flower shop with a bouquet of lilies right outside. They were her favorite. I looked at my watch and saw that I had thirty minutes to get to the studio.

"I've got time," I said to myself.

Going into the store, I told them which arrangement I wanted and paid. Once I got out, I called a cab and told them Lanna's direction.

-------------------------------------------

As I got to Alannah's complex, I started to get nervous. I thought of a million things to say, but it came down to the choice of saying something sweet and simple.

I knocked on her door and quietly cleared my throat. When she opened the door, I saw her gorgeous stunning eyes. Her skin glowed like the sun.

"Hey, beautiful," I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, Harry."

"I was just--"

"Harry! So good to see you again," I heard someone say.

Oh, god. Don't tell me it's who I think it is. I looked up to my height and saw Nick.

"Oh, hey, Nick. Didn't expect to see you here," I said.

"Oh, nice flowers," Nick said, pointing down at the bouquet I had in hand.

I saw a sudden gleam at the corner of my eye. I looked towards the gleam and saw it was more than just a random shiny object. It was more like a huge rock.

"Oh, umm, yea. They're from the lads and I. Thanks for being in our video."

"Thanks, Harry," she said simply.

I was a bit confused, and the words  just came out.

"Uh, nice ring."

"Right? I just proposed. She said yes," Nick said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Proposed? Oh wow. Congratulations to the both of you," I said, my voice cracking a bit.

I felt like I just swallowed a huge pill. I tried gulping but that feeling was still there. So I cleared my throat.

"Thank you," Alannah said simply and timidly.

"Well I should get going. Heading to the studio to record some new stuff."

I needed to get out of here, quick. My heart sank to the bottom of the pit. It ached and burned.

"It was good seeing you. You're definitely invited to the wedding," Nick said a little too enthusiastically.

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye," that sweet quiet voice of her's said.

I walked away and looked back briefly. My eyes just looked down. I couldn't look into her eyes, knowing they'd become someone else's again.