Chapter 71: Forgot

We reached the dance floor just in time. The guest act came to the stage and introduced themselves.

"Hello friends," the guy named Luke said, in his Australian accent.

"We are 5 Seconds of Summer. Enjoy," the another guy named Ashton said.

They started to play an upbeat song and everyone in the crowd started dancing.

"She's a good girl

She's daddy's favorite...

She sneaks out the window to be with her boyfriend...

Good girls are bad girls

That haven't been caught."

Nick and I were dancing along together and I kept seeing Harry biting his lip and eyeing me. I turned my back to him to ignore him. I got lost in the music and had a lot of fun with Nick.

"She says to me forget what you thought...

Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

When the song ended, we ran to a secluded area to catch our breath from laughing so much.

"I had so much fun, you're a fun guy," I said to Nick while laughing.

"So are you," he said smiling at me.

His beautiful hazel eyes twinkling and his gorgeous smile shinning.

I looked away and he laughed. I feel my cheeks get heated. I'm pretty sure he caught me drooling over him.

"So tell me more about you. Where are you from?" he asks.

"Well I'm from here, Redondo Beach. But I'm living in London."

"Oh, cool. I'm going to London next month for a photo shoot."

"Maybe we can meet up and hang out."

"That'd be cool. How long are you here in the states?"

"Until next week. I'm actually staying at my parents' house."

"Oh ok. Do you maybe wanna go out for brunch?," he asked.

I felt a little flutter in me. 

"That'd be great," I said smiling.

He smiles back and bites his lip. He reaches for my hand and pulls me towards the dance floor again. The d.j. started playing Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

"I love this song!" I said over the loud music.

"Let's dance then," he said back.

I started singing along to it.

"You sure love to dance, huh?," he said over the music.

"Yes! Especially if it's good music."

"What kind of music?"

"A little bit of everything, but mostly pop and rock."

"Me too, well about the rock part."

We danced to Love More by Chris Brown, Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship, and Timber by Pitbull. The whole night he had me laughing. I didn't want the night to end.

"Well, I guess this is goodnight," Nick said to me as we were making our way outside.

"I guess so," I said smiling and looking down.

There was something about him that made me shy away like a teenage girl again.

"This is where we go our separate ways. I'll text you tomorrow morning for brunch plans. "

"Sounds great. Goodnight, Nick."

"Goodnight, Alannah," he said giving me a kiss on the cheek after.

We had to leave at separate times since paparazzi would be outside and they always seem to make up rumors about who's hooking up or dating who.

I got in the car and heard my phone buzz. As soon as I took it out of my purse, it buzzed again. The first message was from Nick, saying he had a good night and that he'll see me tomorrow. The second was from an unknown number, saying it was nice to see me again.

I looked out the window and saw Harry standing next to Nick. I had so much fun with Nick that I forgot that Harry was there.