Chapter 95: Song Writing

After my night with Shelly, we exchanged numbers and had made plans to hang out later in the week. I headed to the studio to meet up with the lads. We needed to come up with a new song to perform in about two weeks. There was a painful throb in my head. The aftermath of the night before. I stopped by a coffee shop before to cure my hangover.

"Hey, lad. How was last night?" asked Zayn.

"It was pretty good. Met a girl, Shelly. Pretty cool girl."

"Oh, is that who's got her scent all over you?" Louis teased. Cheeky guy.

"Haha, funny. Let's get to work."

I quickly looked at my phone before getting focused on our music without any distractions. Shelly sent a message telling me I forgot my jacket at her place. I told her she can drop it off at the studio if she had time. I looked at my missed calls. Just two, but both from Alannah. Sighing, I locked my phone and pushed it into my pocket.

"I've got a line for the song," I said, sitting at the piano and playing a few notes.

"I know you're saying you don't want to hurt me. Well, maybe you should show a little mercy," I sang.

"How about 'It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end'," Niall said.

"It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends," I sang.

"Great, we have the first few lines to the song," Liam said.

Niall jumped on the drums, Liam grabbed the guitar, Louis took over the piano, Zayn got a tambourine and I grabbed a pen and a lot of paper.

   We worked on it for a good two hours before we decided on a lunch break. I messaged Shelly so she could bring my jacket over and meet the guys.

"Alannah and Nick are coming with food," Zayn mentioned.

I took a deep breath in and out, pushing my hair back. Wonderful, I thought. Complete bullshit, to be honest. I decided to go to the bathroom and wash my face with water to cool me down. I was getting way too upset. When I got out, I got a text from Shelly telling me she was at the reception desk. I went over and grabbed her.

"Hey, come on. I'll introduce you to the lads."

When we walked in, there was a girl with curled brown hair and tanned legs. She was wearing a maroon dress that complimented her entire body. She turned around and smiled. God, this happens every damn time. My biggest weakness. But that heart pounding moment went away and my heart sank. The person next to her held her hand in his. And once again, that god damned ring shined in my face. That god awful ring. Fucking hell.

I said hello briefly and quickly grabbed the piece of paper, jotting down another line. This song was going to be a real tear jerker. Hell, I felt a few tears forming at the moment.

Why you wearing that to walk out of my life?