Chapter 14: Thanksgiving Break

It had been a week since Harry and I almost kissed. We both felt the same about it not wanting to ruin us. So we kept it normal, like nothing happened. Everytime I saw him, though, I had it in the back of my mind. The boys knew of the incident. Harry and I agreed not to kept it from them, so they woudn't suspect anything when we were both a little awkward around each other at first. 

    It was Thanksgiving break and we were going to be let out early from school. Collin had to go to his grandparents' house for Thanksgiving, so he had to leave right after school. I agreed with the boys to go to Louis' house to hang out for a bit. We made plans to go to the mall after Thanksgiving for Black Friday. Since it was only 3 in the afternoon, we all went to Liam's so they could practice. Harry had written a new song for the band. It was called Last First Kiss.

Girl, what would you do?

Would you wanna stay,

If I were to say?

I wanna be last, yea

Baby let me be your

Let me be your

Last first kiss...

... I'm afraid you'd run away

If I tell you

What I wanted to tell you

I loved the song, the lyrics were really great. Harry kept looking at me after the song. I felt as if he was trying to tell me something, but I wasn't sure what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    A few days passed and I was getting dressed for Thanksgiving dinner. It was going to be my family, the boys, and their families. The parents would sit at the dinner table and us kids in the living room. There was a lot of us. 

I wore a red peplum dress with black heels. Black stud earrings and a locket necklace. I sent Collin a quick 'Happy Thanksgiving' text with a picture of me dressed up. He replied the same way. I heard the doorbell ring and I quickly sprayed my Flowerbomb perfume on. I went down stairs and saw Harry. 

He looked good dressed up. He introduced me to Gemma, who was here for Thanksgiving. She was gorgeous. The other boys and their family's came piling in after. Our parents shared funny Thanksgiving stories. We each blushed in embarassment while the others laughed at each other. The food was ready and we all gathered together. After we ate, we shared what we were thankful for.

"I'm thankful for my parents, who stay by my side through thick and thin. I'm thankful for the boys, who are like my brothers. They always have my back. I'm thankful for their families, you guys have raised them well," I said.

It was Harry's turn. 

"I'm thankful for my family, who make me who I am today. I'm thankful for the boys who are like my brothers, I've had a great time with them since we've formed One Direction. I'm thankful for the O'Malleys for raising such a wonderful daughter. I'm thankful for Alannah, she's one of the strongest girls I know. She's like a sister. She's not afraid to be who she is. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and just an all around great girlfriend." 

We all just stared at him when he said girlfriend. 

"You guys know what I mean," he added. 

His cheeks became rosy and he turned his head trying not to make eye contact with me. After that, we had dessert. Pumkin pie was always my favorite to eat, especially with vanilla ice cream.

    It was 12 o'clock at night and we were at the mall for Black Friday. We went crazy when we went shopping. We each had at least 2-3 bags full of stuff. I went to Claire's and bought a few things. Harry went in with me as the boys sat at a bench just outside the store. We left the mall and I rode home with Harry. He got out of the car and he went around to my side to open the door. He helped me get out and helped grab my bags. He walked me to the door and we hugged. Just before I went inside, he stopped me.

"Wait, Lana. I got something for you." 

He pulled out a small bag from Claire's. I gave him a funny look and he slightly laughed. He pulled out matching necklaces. 

"I got us matching paper airplane necklaces. It's a friendship gift from me to you."

I took it in my hand and looked at it in awe. 

"Aw! Thanks, Harry," I said smiling.

He took the tags off both of them and put his on. He handed me mine. I tried putting it on but was having a hard time.

"Here, let me help," he said, turning me around and moving me hair to the side. 

He took the necklace and placed it on me, clipping it from the back. 

"I know we're both going to go far in London. And no matter what happens, I will be there for you. No matter how famous we get. Promise to never take it off?" 

I faced him and nodded my head. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I promise."

"Good, cause I'm not taking mine off."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"I see you're tired, I'll let you go. Love you, see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Harry. See you. And thanks for the necklace."

We hugged goodbye and I kissed his cheek. I felt another fluttering in my stomach. I turned my heels before anything else could happen and went in my house. I got into my pjs and looked at the necklace Harry gave me. I looked out my window to see him staring at the moon. He caught my eye and I waved at him. He waved back. Were we really catching feelings for each other?