Chapter 14

Chris.

I rolled over and checked my phone. Missed call from Bianca and it was 11:30 pm. I stretched and sat up, grabbing my phone. I called Bianca and held the phone to my ear. Waiting for her to answer, I felt Jennifer's arms wrap around my waist.

"Chris..." I heard her yawn. "I'll called you at 8:00. What were you doing?" I looked down at Jennifer and laughed.

"Uh... You were already sleeping boo?" I said in a whisper, not to wake up Jennifer. "It's only like what? 11:35." I heard her laughing.

"Cheerleading practice wore me out. Do you have in school suspension tomorrow?" She inquired as I tried to get out of Jennifer's bed. She wrapped her arms tighter around me. I slightly pushed her, but she wouldn't get off of me.

"Young." I kissed my teeth. "Get off me." Pushing her off of me, I got out of the bed.

"What did you say?" Bianca asked.

"Nothing, I wasn't talking to you." I said as I shifted my pants. "But nah. In school suspension was only for one day." I searched for my shirt and put it on. "Let me call you later, I got to go to the bathroom."

"Okay bye boo." She said as I ended the call. I shoved my phone in my pocket and tapped Jennifer trying to wake her up. She groaned and turned over, wrapping herself in the covers tighter. "Jennifer..." I cooed in her ear as I shook her slightly.

"Hmm?" She said cracking her eyes open.

"I'm leaving, make sure you lock your door." I said to her as I found my hoodie and put that on as well.

"Wait... Give me a kiss." She sat up waiting for me to kiss her.

She leaned in as I leaned in. Just as I was close to her lips I shifted and kissed her cheek. She giggled, assuming I was playing around.

I walked out her room and down the hall and she followed behind me. She locked the door as I walked to my car. I got in and drove home.

•••

Letting the hot water sooth my body. I ran my fingers through my curls. After awhile,
I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower; I wrapped my towel around my waist.

When I got to my room my phone was going off like crazy. I shut my door and walked over to my phone. It was Bianca. Why wasn't I surprised? I guess she took the hint I wasn't going to answer, so she texted me instead. After putting on grey sweatpants and a black shirt. I picked my hair and grabbed my phone. She wanted me to pick her up. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"What's today?" I asked myself.

I grabbed my hoodie as I left my room and walked to the kitchen to say good morning to my mom. I checked my phone. Tuesday.

"Good morning." My mom greeted me.

"Good morning mom." I said opening the refrigerator. "Guess what? My grades are so good..." I pulled out my phone and went to schoolmax, so I could show her I'm not bluffing. I handed her my phone as I  grabbed the milk. She looked at my phone and smiled.

"Good job! I'm so proud of you." She hugged me. "It's all thanks to Miya." My mom excitedly stated.

I paused as I poured the milk in my cereal. I sighed.

"Yeah..." I said putting a mouthful of cereal in my mouth. My mom handed me my phone.

I wanted to text Miya and tell her about my grades, but I just couldn't. I was so mad at her. She kept rejecting me over and over. She was playing games with me. Then yesterday, I barely talked to her. As much as I didn't want to, I was thinking about her all day. Early in the morning I even checked to see if she made the modeling team, before anyone else checked. She made it of course.