Heartbeat

Zach's POV

Well, this was just great.

Oh-so-great Steve now thinks I'm hitting on his BFF. Not good.

Also, Steve hates me. Double not good.

Ever since that night under the trees, when Nya told me about her past and hugged me, my life feels... Kinda messed up.

First of all, my heart won't stop beating as fast as a damn redstone current. And Notch, that's fast.

Secondly, whenever I see Steve, I wanna tie him to a tree during a freaking apocalypse. That's how much I hate him.

And third of all... I'm pretty sure Nya doesn't notice any of this. Seriously, densest girl I know.

I shook my head, as if trying to filter my thoughts. She'll figure it out soon enough. Nya may be dense, but she most defiantly isn't stupid. What will I do when that time comes?

Plan A: Go hide in the farthest corner of Minecraftia I can find, and stay there until the whole matter clears itself out.

Plan B: Admit to Nya about how I feel when she's around. Get slapped in the face a few times.

So far, I'm leaning towards Plan A.

I found a pig, and, pretending it was Steve's face, stabbed it until in vaporized into the air. Yep, I wish that had of been him.

This happened a few times afterwards... Scratch that, maybe a few dozen times.

By the end of my little trip, my belly was nearly bursting of hunger, and my pockets were overflowing with all different kinds of meat.

I got back to the treehouse. Nya was there, and, of course, my heart did the little gymnastics routine it likes to do when she's around me. And... So was Steve. Unfortunately.

"Well, this should last us AT LEAST a lifetime." I said pulling out the animal meat from my pockets. Nya smiled. Notch, she looked gorgeous when she smiled.

"We'll have a feast tonight. But, we need to find out who will cook-"

"I vote Zach!" Steve basically yelled, pointing at me.

Nya seemed to look uneasy. I doubt she knew how to handle this kind of situation very well.

"Um, yeah, that's fine with me. But, just warning you, by the end of tonight, don't be surprised if you've got food poisoning, k?" I told them over my shoulder as I walked over to the furnaces. I didn't miss Nya's perfect grin.

I looked down at the food in front of me. Twelve beef. Twenty chicken. A stack of pork (sorry, pigs, but your faces reminded me too much of Steve's to let you live), and of course, my secret weapon.

I smiled. This was going to be fun.