No place for games

Zach's POV

I didn't know how Harry would take it.

His eyes went wide, and he opened his month in a soundless reply.

"Re-really? You want ME to go on a quest with you?!" He sounded shocked. Was I really that famous.

"Yeah. I mean, my wounds have healed, but I have no idea where we'll be going-"

"THAT DOESNT MATTER! HOLY FUDGE IM GOING ON A QUEST WITH ZACH DARE!! UM, ILL NEED TO BRING FOOD, TOOLS..."

He ran off in the direction of the house. Actually, no, he skipped.

Wow.

Well, I guess I'd better prepare too.

I walked back to the house like the completely normal person I am *cough* and started to pack.

Spare clothes, check. Weapons, check. Tools, check. Extra food, check.

Kay, now to wait for Harry.

I sat outside the house (in the shade, of course). And waited. And waited.

Does it really take this long to pack? Geez...

Suddenly I heard a loud bellow from inside.

"IM REEEEADDDYYYYY!"

Harry stepped outside. He was wearing a backpack that was twice size. Literally.

"ALRIGHT, LETS GOOOOO!!!"

I sighed. I was grateful for his enthusiasm, but I wanted him to take my word of caution seriously. This mission could be fatal, and he had to understand that.

"Harry, I want to make it clear to you just how dangerous this mission may be. Its not a place for games."

His eyes grew wide and his face looked serious and scared. But he firmly nodded. "Its about time I get some adventure!" He said with a bright smile. I returned it.

"Thank you so much, really. I don't know how I'll repay you for this." I told him as we walked out of the house, into a hot, open desert.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that, Zach. Just going on this trip is enough repayment!"

We talked a little more, and luckily he knew where the jungle was, and we reached it before nightfall. But we knew darkness was approaching soon.

"Let's set up camp here then." I said, setting down my load. I yawned, and found a patch of grass where I laid down my head, my eyes heavy. I wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"Shouldn't we check around for monsters..?" Harry asked nervously.

"Nah, we'll be fine. We're well hidden under this tree." Luckily jungle nights were warm. I feel asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

***

"Zach? Zach, wake up, we're in trouble!!" Harry was shaking me, hard.

"What..." I mumbled, still half asleep.

"I said, GET UP!!!! WE'RE IN TROUBLE!!!" He practically yelled in my ear. I slowly snapped out of my drowsiness.

We were surrounded by zombies, skeletons, and I even spotted a couple of creepers in the mix. I couldn't see that well in the darkness.

I pulled my sword out. "Let's fight."

Then the skeleton pulled his first arrow. Aimed straight at my heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IM SORRY ITS BEEN SO LOOOOONG!!!

Ive had a serious case of writers block and heaps of tests and heaps of schoolwork and i recently found this new book series i love and...

IM SORRY ;(

Next chapter will be released faster, I promise :)

-Jazzcat