Promises to keep

Nya's POV

Steve's finger on my forehead felt as of it were made of ice.

Suddenly, I couldn't feel the coldness anymore. In fact, I couldn't feel anything.

An imaginary world formed around me. It was like an illusion.

I could see Zach lying on the ground, his face frozen in pain, his ankle bend strangely. He had the look of a man who had given up.

"Zach..." I was startled by the echo which my voice made. It sounded... Distant and imaginary.

"Zach! Listen to me! Are you okay? ZACH!" I screamed as the fake world around slowly started to fade. I reached out to him, but before I knew it I was surrounded by a blackness again.

I stayed there only a few moments. But it felt like years. Long enough to collect my thoughts.

I remembered back to when I had first met Zach, down it the cavern. I remembered almost killing him before Steve stopped him.

I remembered the fun times. The sad times. And the times where I thought my heart would explode.

I remembered Zach's confession. I remembered the feeling of when I was safe in his arms.

And now he was hurt. And I couldn't save him.

Zach's confession, which should of broken the barrier between us, instead, seemed to separate us. We pretended it didn't happen, although we both knew and realized our feelings for each other. But something didn't click, like, something was in the way.

And I knew very well why.

It was Steve. His jealous nature had always put a barrier between Zach and I.

I dropped to my knees in my world of darkness. And I made a promise to myself. One I would keep.

That, if, when, I got out of this darkness, I would find Zach and tell him everything. How much I missed him when he was away from me, how his embrace made me feel safe, and just how much I loved him.

I don't care how long it will take. Or if its even possible. But I will tell him.

Just then, the world began reforming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS PLEASE DONT HURT ME

IM REALLY SORRY

REALLY

But recently there has been a lot of crap going on in my life like me literally failing year 8 maths...

So yeah sorry bout the wait

Next chapter coming soon :)

Anyways, see ya

-Jazzcat :D