Mistrust

Zach's POV

They slowly walked towards me. I could sense Nya in a deep slumber at my feet, probably dreaming right about now. I wonder what she was dreaming about?

Zach, snap out of it and focus on the problem here; The zombies.

They were so close now.

Just as one of the disgusting creatures stood a few blocks away, just out of striking distance, a strange noise filled the air.

It was a mix between whispers and hisses. Impossible to make out. But, apparently, the zombies understood just fine. One by one, they backed away into the forest until I couldn't see them anymore. Suddenly the night became a lot less dark. Milky light streamed through the gaps in the canopy, lighting up the jungle and possibly killing that heard of zombies.

A knelt besides Nya and checked her ankle. I gulped.

It had definitely gotten worse since when I had last seen it. It was swelled up half the normal size, coloured black , purple and yellow and the light made the unnatural bend in her ankle look a lot more hideous. And from here face, even though I guess she's dreaming, I could see she could feel the pain.

I gently picked her up, careful not to move her injury much.

Wait - hold up.

How was I meant to get her up the tree?

"Steve! STEVE!! Answer me, bro! Help me get Nya to safety! STEVE!" I screamed up into the treetops, and at the mention of the word, 'Nya', I saw him peek down the tree trunk.

He climbed down and glared at me.

"What did you do to her?!" He bellowed at me with accusing eyes.

Yeah, we were in the middle of a zombie attack, and of course he blames ME.

"Did you not hear ANY of that miniature zombie apocalypse, Steve? Notch, even my grandma has stronger ears than you." Not the best comeback, but it'll do.

Together, with quite a lot of effort, we managed to get Nya back into the treehouse. I picked her up and carried her to the bed. I checked her injuries.

Her ankle looked horrid, and that took quite some time to clean up. She pain of it must of made her loose consciousness. Apart from a few cuts and bruises, her ankle was the only thing I had to deal with right now.

"Hey, Steve, pass the bottle of water over here." I asked the lazy ass, who was sitting on a bench while I tended to Nya's wounds.

"First, tell me how Nya got hurt that bad, and maybe I'll forgive you for putting her in danger."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys please make sure you read this:

I am seriously thinking of giving up on this story unless people ENJOY READING IT which means...

Guys, if you like this story, PLEASE VOTE and if you don't, please COMMENT why. I'm always open for advice.

Anyways, sorry about not posting chapters recently. I've been sick and my home's internet has been screwing up A LOT.

Anyways, see ya

OUTKOOKDRIVE OUT