7) Temptation.

Startled, Jace's eyes flew open. He was drenched in sweat and the images of his nightmares still bounced around his head. He suddenly felt trapped, his throat closing up. After looking around the room he ripped a sheet of paper out of one of Clary's sketchbooks and scribbled a quick message:

'My Angel,

I can't seem to sleep at the moment and I just need some air. Don't worry about me, I'll be back by morning I'm just heading to the pandemonium for tonight.

I love you Clary,

Jace.'

He pulled up to the club and hopped off his motorcycle. He bought a drink and downed it almost immediately. After more drinks a very intoxicated Jace headed to the dance floor. The music vibrated through his bones, the lights throbbing. A small hand grasped his shoulder, spinning him around. In front of Jace stood a stunning young woman, flowing brown hair and dazzling eyes that seemed to hold him in place. She handed him a drink and closed his finger around the stem of the glass.

"I'm penny." She smiled.

"Jace." He replied stiffly, his senses sharpening slightly at the unwanted attention.

"Drink, have fun." She gestured at the blue liquid in his hand and he obeyed.

His sight shifted momentarily and his world became darker. He looked up at the brunette and down at his drink only to see a ribbon of black lacing through the glass. His gaze returned and her eyes gleamed blue. 

"No." His thoughts beginning to blur now, he tried to argue. "You drug- you drugged m-"

She leaned forward and kissed him. He began to pull back but she placed a firm hand on his neck. 

"It's okay. Don't resist."

And so he moved into the kiss, any rationality being left behind in that glass, which dropped to the ground as he placed his hand on her back pulling their bodies close together. She pushed him back into a curtained booth. He watched the club as they were envoloped by the curtain. The last thing he saw was a spark of red.

He felt like he had been hit it the head, there was only one person that could be. 

Clary.

--

Clary's eyes flew open to the sound of a door shutting. She turned to ask Jace what was going on but her hand only found the cooling space next to her. The ginger looked around a sense of panic beginning to consume her but then she saw the creased piece of paper on her bedside table. After reading the note her worry subsided and she began to settle back into bed. Yet, sleep didn't come. She knew that Jace was facing an internal battle and he needed comfort, not alcohol.

The coloured lights danced across Clary's face and music was throbbing through her skull. Loud and uncomfortable. This was no place for a pregnant woman she thought to herself. She shook an uneasy feeling from her bodied and buried her mind into looking for Jace.

A flash of blond across the club.

Was that him? Surely not.

But it was him. 

Being pulled into a booth by another girl.