Chapter XXVI: Delt Triplets

An overwhelming sense of anger and sadness strikes Roku. The sight of her master burned to bone brings her to her knees in tears. Rage takes over inside of her. Her whole body trembles with anger.

"He was weak," the triplets say together, "We know you need Joseff here. Wanna try to prevent the same fate for him?"

The triplets stare at the Bringers of Hope with unblinking eyes. Blank expressions on their faces. Roku glares at them with hatred in her eyes. Drayk can see her body shaking from seeing Crito burned alive. It reminds him of that night in his village. He had been overcome by the same emotions.

"Let us introduce ourselves before we kill you," the triplets chime in synchronously, "Red hair is Ikarus Burnt. Blue is Eddie Shard. Green haired sister, Shye-An Rose. Now you will know the names of your killers."

"I know exactly who you sick people are," Drayk snickers at them, "The Delt Triplets. You three have been causing chaos for way too long! You're nothing more than murderous children!"

"Tsk tsk Drayk," Shye-An says shaking her head.

Ikarus and Eddie start laughing, "Hasn't anyone ever taught you to respect your elders?"

"Enough!!!" Roku yells as loud as possible, "You rotten bastards are dead!!"

Roku runs towards the trio while drawing her twin blades. Fire burns in her eyes. She crosses her arms and springs them open once reaching the triplets, slashing at them. Shye-An jumps back and the boys duck underneath the swinging blades. Slicing and slashing, Roku continues to unleash her fury. The Delts casually dodge every dance of her blades. Blinded by rage, Roku continues her effort. The blades start moving so fast they blur to Drayk's eyes. Finally a blow is made and Eddie flies into the wall of the cave. He had been cut. His hand shoots over wound, and checks to see blood gushing from his chest.

Shye-An blasts the swords from Roku's hands with a mighty gust of Wind. Without further hesitation, Drayk joins in. His blade drawn and pointed right for Shye-An. This catches her off guard, just narrowly moving out of the way in time. The blade just nicks her arm slightly, barely breaking the skin. Ikarus shoots fireballs at Drayk for attacking his sister. Drayk slices through the fire with his broadsword.

Roku kicks Shye-An in the stomach, sending her flying. She pursues the triplet not giving her a chance to recover. Roku punches her straight across the lower jaw. The Delt topples to the ground. Roku brings up her right leg and slams it down toward Shye-An. She rolls out of the way of the incoming boot. The triplet pushes Roku back with a blast of Wind. These little monsters have tremendous power. What was the purpose of creating such troublesome brats?

Fireballs still fly at Drayk from Ikarus. Consistently blocking them with his sword, Drayk inches closer to the triplet. Once close enough, Drayk stabs at the Delt brother. Ikarus moves out of the way and shoots a fireball onto Drayk's back. He yells out in pain, tripping the boy with his foot.

Seeing the Bringers of Hope fighting like this was a great honor. Feeling like they shouldn't do this alone, Joseff goes over to Eddie and stands on his throat. This way they would not be outnumbered by the trio. Together the Troublesome Trio is unstoppable, but separate on the other hand. The Bringers might have a chance. Shye-An and Ikarus jump and stand right next to each other facing the heroes. Looking passed them, the Delts can see their third pinned.

"Let go of our brother!" Shye-An and Ikarus shout together.

"I don't think so!" Joseff laughs as he presses down on Eddie's throat.

"You shouldn't be worried about your brother!" Roku yells at them, "You should be worrying about your own lives!"

With that being said, Roku makes the dirt rise and swirl around the Delts. Inside, Ikarus attempts to use Fire Magic, but it fails. The flames get sucked out and shout out of the top if the dirt tornado. Wind Magic has never been very useful when it came up against Earth Magic. Shye-An sits there patiently, waiting for this to be over. The inside of this earthen vortex lights up with electricity. A combined attack of the Bringers, this used three elements into one spell. Wind, Earth and Storm Magics being used in harmony. Drayk and Roku couldn't help but believe this would make Leon proud.