Chapter XXIX: The Prophecy

The room is lit with a leisure dim from the fireplace. The shadows dance to the flicker of the fire. Joseff finishes his tea. Setting the glass down, he looks up the Bringers of Hope. The very people that had just saved his life not that long ago, now sit before him. The looks of determination glisten in their eyes, even in the twilit room.

"Thank you again for saving me Bringers," Joseff speaks softly.

"Think nothing of it!" Roku says with a big smile on her face.

"My father always spoke with respect towards you. You were the Priest who healed him after the attack on the Ice Capital," Drayk tells Joseff, looking him in the eye.

Memories flash through Roku's mind at Drayk's words. Images of when she was no more than a toddler. Fire. Death. Destruction. A beautiful women. A man that looked oddly like Kraag, just without the scar. She snaps out of her enchanting memories. A look of horror on her face. Both Drayk and Joseff are staring at her. Drayk is completely confused, but Joseff looks unaffected by what Roku just experienced.

"Roku?" Drayk asks, "Are you alright?"

Her mind still spinning, she replies, "Yes. Just flashbacks of some of my first memories. You mentioned the attack on my hometown."

"Your.... hometown?!" Drayk exclaims.

"Yes. I remember being in the palace. There was fire everywhere. People dying, buildings melting away. I saw a beautiful woman that looked like me, just a bit older. I saw Kraag.... without his scar," Roku explains with shock in her voice.

"I knew you'd remember part of who are you are eventually. I just didn't think I'd be with you when it happened!" Joseff laughs out then calms his voice, "Riinah."

"That really is my name... isn't it?" Roku asks him outright.

Without saying a word, Joseff stands up and walks over to the fireplace. A scroll in a glass case sits above the mantle. He pulls it down and removes the scroll. Joseff joins them again as he opens the scroll up. It is made out of a light brown leather hide and was written in black ink. The bottom shows the signature of Lady Bless, and the crest of Parocaav next to it.

"Yes it is," Joseff simply says as he begins to read from the scroll.

~ In the moment when all hope seems lost for the Resistance, two heroes will rise up. The Resistance will have fallen to just a few rogue villages and Oro, the Capital of Wind.

The world would appear to be fading into permanent darkness. Lady Parocaav will sacrifice her own life to grant these heroes the power to destroy Lord Xivaac, and bring balance back into the world.

The heroes will be born into two very seperate homes that were both lost during the war. The children will be less than a few days apart in age. Once they reach 26, they will gain the abilities they need. There eyes will turn yellow to tie their connection to the Goddess of Life.

The Bringers of Hope.

Drayk Kirkwood, son of the most renowned warrior in the Resistance, Lance. Nobel, selfless, relentless.

Riinah DeVille, daughter of the Ice King and creator of the Elite Forces, Kraag. Carefree, honor, destruction.

Lance was ordered to attack the capital city so that he may cross paths once again with Kraag in combat. Riinah will get lost and separated from her family and end up an orphan to a hermit monk.

The Great Master Leon will train the Bringers of Hope to unlock their full magic potential.

They will gain the Ultimate Magic.

Drayk will gain power of galactic power, Cosmos Magic. The very power to recreate the very universe at his fingertips. Completely ruthless and destructive power.

Riinah will gain the forbidden form of White Magic. This power is directly derived from the Goddess's ability to create life. The power to make new life, heal more than just wounds, bring life back from the brink of death.

They will both know the feeling of true loss. They will witness the death of Leon.

These things must happen in order for them to find the strength they now have in them.

The Bringers of Hope will eventually seeking Joseff, High Priest of Oro.

He will be the one to guide them towards the next thing they need to defeat the Dark Lord.

The Sword of Light. This weapon is the only thing that can destroy the Dark Lord. The blade is made of pure light. It has the power to erase everything Parocaav ever created. Xivaac, God of Darkness is no exception.

The Sword of Light is hidden within the realm Parocaav was banished to until she gave her life for the Bringers of Hope. Only Lady Yarr knows of its entrance.~

"That's all I have of it. I've spoken directly with Lady Yarr about this before. She would be willing to share that information with you," Joseff tells them right away, not giving them a chance to let the prophecy sink in.

"I can't.... I," Roku started to say before running off deep into the library in tears.

"Give her time Drayk," Joseff says to him as he grabs him by the shoulder, "She now knows her true origin. Imagine how'd you feel."

"That's true. We were attacked by her father and he is sided with the Elites.... she's a lost princess that-" Drayk pauses after hearing himself say the word princess.

Roku is a princess of the ice! Drayk's face burns red at this thought. A princess of all things!

"My father.... made her an orphan, didn't he?" Drayk asks with guilt in voice.

"I'm afraid so Drayk. She trusts you, don't doubt that. Riinah must process this," Joseff sighs, "I can only imagine she feels betrayed by you Drayk. Your father was a cause of her life turning out this way. Whether he was following orders or not. Whether being his son should effect how she sees you."

"Riinah," Drayk whispers, "Sounds wrong to me. You will always be Roku to me. Riinah isn't who you are anymore."

Roku stops running once she reaches the far back wall of Joseff's library. Mixed feelings racing in her heart. That man couldn't really be her father. Her mind just refused to believe it. Did Crito know who she was? Did Leon? Why wouldn't they tell her something like this? It was mind boggling to her. These mixed feelings made her doubt who she really is. She caught her reflection off of a decorated metal wine glass sitting on a bookshelf beside her. Roku holds the cup in her hands, gazing into it. Her own reflection looking back at.

"I am a Bringer of Hope."