Chapter XXXII: Newly Equipped

The morning sun is shining bright on the city of Oro. The streets are filled with people going about their business. Drayk and Roku walk out of the inn, staring out into the peacefulness of the city. Considering the world is at war, it can be easy to forget in a place like this. Oro is safe from the grasp of Xivaac's Elite Forces, a safe haven for the Resistance. Clan survivors from across the planet reside here, living in harmony as one.

Smoke is pouring from the chimney at the blacksmith's. The smith is the one that works the hardest here. He is the sole person creating new weapons for the Resistance. Drayk opens the door to the blacksmith's shop and courteously always Roku to enter first. The smell of molten metal fills the air and the sound of pounding is coming from the smith's work bench.

"Greetins Bringers o' Hope!" The smith says with a smile, "I trust ya slept well?"

"Yes. The inn is quite a cozy place," Drayk replies, "Do you have good word for us?"

"I do, but before I can present ya with these weapons, Lady Quintly wishes to see ya," the smith tells them.

"We'll be back then blacksmith," Roku smiles.

"Syd," the smith says to them under his breath as they walk out, "My name.... is Syd."

Closing the door behind them, the Bringers look down the road towards the palace. Thoughts of why they are being summoned to see Lady Quintly race through their minds. Was everything alright? They walk down the road to the palace and are greeted with a smile from the guard outside. He opens the door and directs them to the throne room. Once inside, Lady Quintly and Blake can be seen, seated in their thrones.

"Welcome Bringers of Hope," Lady Quintly speaks softly.

"Drayk, Roku. We have asked you here to present you with gifts," Blake explains, "Aside from the weapons you will receive later on."

A look of confusion spreads across the Bringers' faces. Lady Quintly smiles and claps her hands together. A jester runs into the room nicely folded garments in his arms. He kneels before Drayk and Roku, presenting them the clothes. Once they have grabbed them, the jester runs off back the way he came.

"Thank you Lady Quintly," Drayk smiles.

"Thank you!" Roku shouts with excitement.

"You may change in the rooms behind the thrones. We will speak again once you are done," Lady Quintly tells them.

Drayk and Roku bow and walk into the rooms. Drayk removes his clothing and starts to dress himself in the new garments. The shirt and pants are both completely black with golden trim on the seams. The crest of Parocaav was embroidered into the top right side of the chest. The shirt has long sleeves and feels like it is made out of a dense cotton or polyester. It is opened at the neckline which close with a couple buttons. The pants fit comfortablely and allow for easy movement. Roku has very similar garments, but the top is a lighter material. It is almost more blouse-like. They step back out into the throne room and stand before the Queen and King.

"I see they fit. Those should be much more comfortable to fight it. My seamstress designed them herself. They are inspired by the very garbs Lady Parocaav wears in combat," Blake rants on, "Now you really look like the legendary Bringers of Hope."

"Those garments can be cooled or heated as needed using your magic as well," Lady Quintly adds.

"Thank you," Drayk and Roku say together.

"We must be going though," Drayk informs them, "We must set out if we are to stop this war."

"Very well. You are dismissed," Lady Quintly nods.

The Bringers walk out of the room and back out into the daylight. The sun is already almost center in the sky. Enough time has been wasted this morning, now almost afternoon. They walk back to the blacksmith's and enter the shop once more.

"Welcome back," Syd greets them with a smile.

"You said your name was Syd, right" Roku inquires.

"I wasn't sure ya heard me!" Syd exclaims, "Your weapons and leather padding are done. Lady Quintly told me about the new attire, so I made sure the pads will match."

Syd hands them black leather chest padding with a golden trim. They put them on over their shirts as Syd walks into the back. The padding blends in and almost cannot be seen against the new clothing. The blacksmith returns shortly with three blades in his hands. He hands the twins over to Roku. Her face lights up at the sight of her blade's new twin. Syd turns to look at Drayk, holding a golden scimitar in his hand. He gives the curved sword to Drayk. Syd points to the counter. The sheaths for the swords are sitting there, made of solid gold.

"My finest work for the two of ya," Syd announced.

"Must appreciated," Drayk states.

"Very much so! My weapon is completed again!" Roku chimes in immediately, "Sorry about yesterday Syd."

"Quite alright dear," Syd smiles.

After joining Syd for a cup of tea, the Bringers bid their dues and start heading for the gate. The sun is now beginning its descention in the sky, having had passed the height of the afternoon. The streets are almost all but bare compared to how it was earlier. The skies are still bright and blue, but it seems the citizens have other places to be. A park that can be seen down the ways has dozens of children playing without a care in the world.

"Must be supper time?" Roku guesses.

"It's the sixth day of the week," a passerbyer tells them.

Before Drayk can ask, the man disappears down the street. Roku senses his curiosity and turns to him, smiling. She giggles a little bit and decides she won't keep him in suspense anymore.

"The sixth day of the week is when Wind Mages spend time with family, and no one else," Roku explains to him, "Crito treated every day as if it was the sixth day. He said it was because I was his sixth pupil, and it was to honor me."

"Oh. So these people that are still out are from other Clans," Drayk contemplates out loud.

"Exactly," Roku acknowledges his remark, "To me, like Crito.... every day is like the sixth day when I am with you Drayk."