Chapter 17

Chapter 17

My parents are getting divorced. I just found out about that when I got home. I didn't even know that they were fighting. They are really good at keeping it quiet. But I also kinda knew that they were going to split. I mean, they say young parents tend to get divorced earlier. My parents have been married for 16 years now and I'm 18. Yes, I was an "accident" as some would say.

My mom had me when she was 16. My dad was 18. They decided to get married when I was 2. They always tell me the story when I ran down the aisle with a basket of flowers and I tripped over my dress and got all the flowers all over my great grandmother. Oops.

Anyways, Charlotte's parents are divorced. She now has 2 step sisters and 1 step brother. She does have 1 other brother. I remember having to come over Charlotte's place and hearing screaming and yelling from her parents. It got really bad. Charlotte now lives with her mom. She hardly sees her dad anymore. It kinda depresses me.

I have decided to live with my mom. I love my dad but sometimes, you just need a girl in the house with you. My mom seemed very happy when I said that. My dad didn't look very surprised at all.

To get away from all this drama, I'm going to go to work. I work at this little frozen yogurt place in Boston. But the worst part about the job is that I'm stuck working with these three girls from school. They aren't sluts, they are just attention whores. It bothers me to death. Their names are Ava Adams, Jordan Green, and Lily Johnson. The Attention Whores.

I get to the frozen yogurt place and see the girls playing on their iPhones. I really wish I had a handgun and personally shoot each phone out of their hands. Our boss, Linda walked out. "Girls, get off your phones and start working!" You tell'em sista!

Harry and Tory were are first customers of the day. "Hey babe! What are you doing here?"

"Tory really wanted frozen yogurt. And I wanted to see you." Harry smirked, showing both his dimples. The girls gave me dirty looks. Just because they don't have boyfriends doesn't mean that they have to get rid of mine.

"Harry! My frozen yogurt dispenser isn't working!" Tory said with some attitude.

"Hey Ava, can you fix the frozen yogurt machine over there? It's not working." I asked. Ava is literally the only girl out of that bunch that I don't hate. I just dislike her very much.

Ava went up to try to jiggle the lever. It still wasn't working. "Jordan and Lily, get your asses over here." Ava yelled. They tried pulling the lever really hard. That thing was gonna blow! Harry and Tory jumped over the counter. Harry put his arms around Tory's head to protect her from the giant chocolate explosion.

Finally *BOOM* it happened. Chocolate frozen yogurt was everywhere. We hardly got hit from under the counter but the other girls were filled with chocolate. Harry and I started to laugh silently. Payback bitches!

The girls were not taking it very well. They just kept looking at their hair, nails, and iPhones. Everything was full of chocolate. Linda came in. "GIRLS!" she screamed.

"Yessss?" The girls said.

"Clean all of this up! I want this place to be spotless when you all leave!" Linda was pissed.

"I'll stay and help." Harry said.

Tory agreed to spray down the rest of the girls. Harry grabbed a mop. I grabbed a rag and started cleaning the counters.

I kept on hearing screams outside. Tory was spraying the hose too hard at them. You go Tory!

"Ugh, I feel like Cinderella with my evil step mother and evil step sisters." I said washing the floor with a sponge.

"What about your prince?" Harry now had a smirk on his face.

"He's right here." I kissed his cheek. He was asking for it.

I finally told Harry about my parents getting a divorce. He looked so heart broken. I think that brought the memories back to Tory getting abused. I took his hand. "Everything will be ok."

The Attention Whores walked in soaking wet. "Your sister is a vicious monster!" Lily screamed to Harry.

"You need to put that girl on a leash!" Jordan screamed at Harry.

Tory then took the hose and sprayed it all around the inside of the building. That actually washed all the chocolate fro-yo out of the place!

After work, since I didn't want to deal with divorce drama, I went with Harry back to his place. It's always so peaceful there. I wish it was like that at my house.

We grabbed some snacks and cuddled on the couch. "So Christmas is coming up, what do you want for Christmas?"

There was silence. "I really don't want anything! I have everything I need right here." Harry kissed my cheek.

My phone rang ruining the moment. "Alex! Get your butt back to the house!" My mom screamed into my phone. She's pissed.

Harry drove me home. I walked in to see the house a mess. "Duck!" Harry said pushing me to the ground. A plate came right at us and hit the wall. My parents are out of control.

We tried walking up stairs until my mom caught us. "Alex! Get over here!"

Oh great. "Yes mother?"

"Can you help us settle the agreement with who gets what for the divorce?" My mom said taking pieces of glass out of her long blonde hair.

"Why?"

"Because this is what happened when we tried to do it."

"Fine. But make it quick."

It took two hours, four broken vases, and two calls from the neighbors to shut the hell up. So actually this went better than I thought. What I'm really happy is that got to keep my dog, Ruby. That's all I wanted.

Harry and I went into my room. "Your parents have some serious issues to work out. Harry let out.

Noooooooo!" I said sarcastically.

Ruby ran up into my bedroom and jumped on the bed. She started to whine. I hugged her fuzzy German Shepherd body. "Everything is going to be ok, Ruby. I promise."