Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I woke up feeling so much better today. I still was coughing but at least I didn't have a fever. But today I get to babysit Liz's kids! And I have to sneak out of the house because mom is not supposed to know about her. So I have a plan:

I'm just going to tell her that I have a date with Harry. And then I'm having a sleepover over Leah's with the rest of the girls. That just bought me 12 hours.

Really I'm just babysitting the kids till 9pm and then sleeping over my dad's. I think I made this plan more complicated than it needs to be but oh well.

"Hey mom, Harry asked me on a date tonight. And then Leah asked me if I could sleepover tonight. Can I go?" I asked.

"Sure. But make sure to be back tomorrow by noon. Remember about your Aunt Kim's wedding shower."

Shit. I forgot about that. This is her 3rd wedding. Yeah, she divorces a lot. And her kids (my cousins) are the most annoying and the most spoiled people I have ever known. They just bother me so much.

~~~

I drove over to Liz's. My dad was already there waiting to take Liz out on a coffee date and then to work. "Thank you so much, Alex. Caroline is still sleeping and when she wakes up, she needs to be fed. Here is a list of emergency numbers."

Liz and Dad left. Matt came downstairs. "Are you the babysitter?" He asked.

"Yes, I am!"

He grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. There, I saw Kaitlyn sitting on her bed listening to music. "Hold on, Matt. I'm gonna check on your sister."

I knocked on her door. "Hi Kaitlyn, I'm Alex. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure I guess."

When I walked in, there were posters everywhere of this boyband. "Kaitlyn, who are these boys?" I asked pointing to a poster.

"Oh, that's One Direction. They are this British/Irish boyband."

Where have I heard of them? And then it hit me.

~Flashback to Sophomore Year~

"Isn't Liam just so hot?" Taylor said sitting on my bed. She held out a poster of One Direction.

"That's great Taylor. But you know I really don't like them."

"But just look at how hot they are! I mean, who couldn't resist their faces. I mean look at Harry's curls. Aren't they the cutest."

"That's great Taylor. Now I really have to study."

~Junior Year~

"Oh my God! One Direction broke up! I don't think I could ever love again!" Taylor then started to cry.

"Hold on, Jack is calling. Hey babe! Dinner tonight? I would love to! Love you too! Bye!"

"Taylor, it was a boyband. You knew that they wouldn't stay together. You also knew that they would never fall in love with you either right?"

"But a girl could dream."

~Present~

"Kaitlyn, can you name all the members of the band for me." I asked.

"Sure, the blonde one is Niall. He is from Ireland. The one with the really dark hair and blonde streak is Zayn. The one with the really short brown hair is Liam. And the really curly haired one is Harry."

"Harry who?"

"Styles."

"Age currently."

"17. He is turning 18 on February 1st."

Hold on. Harry is 17? I turn 18 on January 7th. All those clubs I went to in England, he said he was 18. That little underage drinker.

"If Harry wasn't in this band, what would he be doing?"

"Probably studying to become either a sociologist, a businessman, or a lawyer."

"Where is Harry from." I asked.

"Cheshire, England."

"Where is he living now?"

"Boston to get away from fame."

"Siblings?"

"Older sister named Gemma. Has a stepsister named Tory."

"Mom's and Dad's names?"

"Anne and Des. Christy, the stepmom, married Des then divorced him. Then Christy remarried a man named Billy who abused her daughter, Tory, and divorced him. Anne married a man named Joe. Anne is also with her daughter, Gemma."

Wow this girl knows more about Harry than I do. I just can't believe he kept this from me. "Can I hear one of their songs?" I asked.

She made me listen to "What Makes You Beautiful". I when I was listening to it, I paused at the part that sounded just like Harry. I remember that time when we were at a picnic and he started singing to me.

"One more question. Does Harry have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah he does. I'm so jealous of that girl. Harry is defiantly my favorite. All I know about his girlfriend is that she is 17, she is a blonde, she lives in America, and her name is Alexandra Hanlon.

Oh. My. God. She also knows way to much about me. "Can I see a picture of her?" I asked.

She went on Tumblr and pulled out a picture of me and Harry holding hands in that park we went to Cheshire. The account name was "alexthebeautiful". I looked at who reblogged it. All I saw was "shippinghalex, lovingalex, & thelittleallygator. Then, I started stalking the hashtag "alexhanlon". I had about 10,000 pictures.

I started to cry but I held in the tears of joy. But I also was a little frustrated that he kept this whole One Direction thing to himself. And I also feel really stupid that I didn't even know who he was. Wow, I am really oblivious.

"You know what, you kind of look like Harry's girlfriend. What was your name again?"

"Alex."

"You can't be." Kaitlyn's eyes got really wide.

"Oh Kaitlyn. I think I am."

"Oh my God. I am right now speaking to Harry's girlfriend. Ok, I made an account on both Instagram and Tumblr all about you. You are like my role model!"

"How about I call Harry and have him come over to visit you?"

"That would be absolutely amazing!" Kaitlyn started to jump up and down with excitement.

I called up Harry. "Hey babe! There is a girl over here that is dying to meet you. Can you come over? She is really a big fan."

SORRY I HAD TO PUT THIS UP AGAIN WATTPAD SCREWED IT UP THE LAST TIME SO HERE Y'ALL GO AGAIN THANKS FOR READING ILY ALL ;*

-a.h.