Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I woke up to the sweet sounds of vases breaking and my parents screaming at the top if their lungs. I don't know why my dad hasn't moved out yet. He bought a condo a couple towns over but refuses to stay there.

Leah was picking all us girls up to go to school. I was their last stop. "Thank God you guys came. I'm surprised my parents didn't pull out guns and shoot each other in the head."

"What's going on in there?" Mackenzie asked.

"Two words. Divorce drama."

"I'm sorry. I feel so bad for you. How do you sleep at night?" Charlotte said. She knows how this all feels.

"I'll be lucky if I sleep at night. There is too much screaming and yelling and the occasional vase smashing. It is way to much for me I handle."

School wasn't any better today either. First of all, Harry was sick today so I had no one to look forward to see all day. Second of all, since Harry wasn't here, Jack thought that it was ok to stalk me throughout school. Everywhere I look, he was there.

"Can I help you?" I said to Jack.

"What? Me? Why would you ask me that?" Jack was acting dumb again.

"You have been following me everywhere. What do you want from me? Do you need to tell me something."

"Yes. I want to say that you are so hot. You should leave Harry and give me one more chance."

Leah came over with a cup of Starbucks coffee. I took her coffee and poured it all over Jack. "Who's the hot one now, Jack?" I said.

Jack ran screaming from the pain of the hot coffee. Everyone started to laugh. Taylor ran after him.

"Dude?! What was that for?!" Leah said to me.

"Sorry. Jack was just being stu-"

"You owe me a new coffee."

I laughed and walked away. Charlotte and Mackenzie came running up to me. "Did you see what happened to Jack? Looks like somebody poured coffee all over him!" Mackenzie said.

"Yeah, I did that. He kept flirting with me so I took Leah's coffee and poured it all over him."

"Wait, so you took Leah's coffee and she didn't go like full on ninja on you?" Charlotte said. Leah takes pride in her coffees.

"No, but that's not the point! I think I finally taught Jack a lesson."

~~~

After school, I went to Harry's house to comfort him while he is sick. Harry has a really high fever and a sore throat. He was just lying in his bed with a wet towel on his head sleeping. "Hey love! What are you doing here?" Harry said. His face lit up with excitement.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. How are you feeling?"

"So much better since you came." Harry smiled.

I went downstairs to make Harry his favorite soup, chicken noodle. I brought upstairs a tray that also had juice for him. When I came in, he was playing video games on his Xbox. He seemed so happy when I brought the soup to him. He is such a little kindergardener.

I fed him his soup like I would to a baby. "Here comes the airplane!" I said with a spoonful of soup putting it into Harry's mouth.

"You would be a really good mother, Alex." Harry said with a mouthful of soup.

"Yeah right. I would suck at being a mother."

"I would trust you with our kids."

Woah. Harry just used "Our Kids" in one sentence. Together. I smile. I guess he really wants to have kids soon. All I know is that I'm not ready. Definitely not ready. Not yet but soon.