Study break

You had been studying relentlessly for this year's upcoming Final Exams, and to be honest, it was really stressing you out.

You had spent the past two or three weeks reading every textbook cover to cover and writing down every single little note you thought would help you onto small flashcards you had made. Even though you didn't have a huge problem with it, seeing as how it would help you pass your classes, your boyfriend had a problem with it.

Draco had been trying to get you to quit studying, even if it was for a day. All he wanted to do was get you to relax and forget about school for a while. But you wouldn't have it. You had always told him you'd hang out with him after you were done, but by the time you were done studying for the night, it'd be time to go to sleep.

Draco was done being blown off by you for schoolwork, so he decided to take the initiative and set up a romantic picnic date out by the lake just to get you to relax and cuddle with him for once.

He really missed your cuddles. Just saying.

Draco walked past the library on Friday night to find you with your nose buried in yet another textbook, furiously scribbling things onto the parchment in front of you.

He shook his head and smiled at you. It was amazing how you always looked so adorable reading, whether it be from a novel or a textbook. He just loved the way your eyes were always glued onto the page, jumping from word to word. And he also loved looking at your mouth, watching it mouth the words on the page without you even realizing it.

And he was almost sad to break you out of that trance, but if he wanted you to finally spend time with him, he would have to.

Draco strode across the room, making his way over to your table. He gently shut the book and set it aside. You looked up at him, confused and quite frankly, a little annoyed. But he ignored it as he picked you up and carried you out of the room bridal style.

"Draco! Put me down, I have to keep studying!" you said hurriedly, trying to jump down so you could go back to studying, but his grip on you was tight.

"Babe, just relax. You'll be back here soon enough." he smiled cheekily at you.

"But, Draco..." you whined, trailing off as he led you out of the room.

Secretly, you couldn't admit that you were waiting for someone to distract you from all the studying you were doing. It was really stressing you out and as much as you didn't wanna admit it, you were secretly glad Draco literally carried you away from that wretched place you called the library.

Seeing as how you wouldn't be leaving Draco anytime soon, you wrapped your arms around his neck and cuddled yourself into his chest.

Draco looked down and smiled at you. Despite the weird looks he was getting from other people, particularly Slytherin, he still carried you in his arms proudly and lead you out of the school grounds and took you to the lake that surrounded the school.

He finally set you down and you now saw the blanket on the grass along with a small basket on top of it.

"Awww!" you said happily as Draco approached the sight behind you.

"You like it?" he asked sheepishly.

You beamed at him before sitting down on the blanket. "I love it!"

He grinned and sat down beside you. "Good. I was hoping you would."

He pulled the basket towards him and handed you a sandwich before taking one for himself and biting into it.

Throughout the time you ate, you managed to talk to him about something that didn't involve school for once. You both talked to each other about your hopes, your dreams, what you wanted to do after Hogwarts. You guys told each other childhood stories and revealed things about yourselves neither of you knew about each other. It was refreshing, to be able to get away from everything that was going on and just talk to someone special about anything and everything.

"Wait, wait." Draco laughed out, slightly choking on his pasta. "Your own brother fed you a caramel onion instead of a caramel apple for the Easter party your family was having?"

You rolled your eyes but answered anyway. "...yes."

Draco burst out in laughter and landed on his back from laughing so hard.

You pushed him slightly while fake pouting. "It's not funny! I couldn't get the taste of caramelized onion out of my mouth for three days!"

His laughter subsided and he looked over to you. "I'm sorry babe, that's just really funny."

You shook your head but smiled anyway. "Whatever."

You spoke again before he could say anything. "So what was the purpose of this?"

He smiled and closed his eyes, letting the evening sun bathe his face. Damn, he looked even more beautiful with the sun casting its shadow on his face. His hair was suddenly more of a goldish color under the sun, and the shadow the sun cast highlighted his jawline, making him look especially masculine.

"I just wanted you to get out of that damn library and relax, that's all. Plus, I missed you. I miss your cuddles." He opened his eyes and gave you the puppy dog face.

You giggled. "Well I'm here now."

He opened his arms. "Cuddle with me, love."

You happily obliged and lay down beside him, allowing him to wrap his arms around you and pull you close to him, kissing your forehead softly. Your arm slung around his torso and both of your legs ended up being tangled together in an effort to get closer.

He exhaled, you could feel his body relax with you in his arms.

"I missed this." he muttered.

You smiled slightly. "Same here."

You could practically feel him smile as he managed to bring him even closer to you somehow.

The sun was setting now, and you could feel your eyes droop as the orange, red, and pink in the sky was now being slowly replaced with blue, black, and purple.

"What do you say we just stay here until it's time for us to go to sleep, yeah?" he said, somewhat sleepily.

You lazily smiled and leaned up to kiss his jaw. "Deal."

And you stayed there for a long while, actually falling asleep after a few minutes and staying asleep until Hagrid came to wake you up and bring you inside.

Needless to say, the stress was certainly taken care of.