Short hair love

You and Draco had been friends for a long time. Since Third Year, actually! The both of you were always seen talking to each other, laughing, and hanging out. Some people thought he was a bad friend because he sometimes made fun of you, joking that the way you did your work was stupid or the way you walked was funny, but you knew he was always joking around. There were times where he did take it too far, and it did hurt sometimes, but you knew he was always sorry. And he was, really! But he just couldn't control himself. Honestly, he never meant to hurt you, he just kinda...did.

However, there was one day where he went a little bit way too far.

It was Fifth Year and you had just come back with a haircut that you hated. Despised. It was short, barely falling past your ears and you hated it to death.

And apparently, Draco hated it too. Or so you thought.

You nervously walked onto the Hogwarts Express and started looking for Draco. Maybe you could get a positive reaction from him.

That was not what you got.

You found him in a room by himself, staring out the window and impatiently waiting for the train to start moving. You took a deep breath and slid open the door, Draco's attention immediately glued on you as you walked inside.

"Hey Draco." you said, shyly waving.

Draco took a good look at you. He stared at you with what looked like to be amazement and awe in his eyes, but that quickly faded when he snorted and chuckled at you.

"Nice hair, dork." he teased, crossing his arms and giving you a cocky grin.

You rolled your eyes and sat down in front of him.

"Shut up, Malfoy. I know it looks horrible."

He kept laughing at you.

"You look like a boy." he snorted, shaking his head at you and staring out the window again.

You huffed and crossed your arms.

"Leave it alone, yeh?" you said in a annoyed tone.

Draco turned back to you, laughing again.

"What? Are you mad? C'mon it's not that big of a deal. Your femininity will come back soon enough."

You kept your eyes down on the ground and said nothing. This time, you let him go on.

"Don't be maaaaad." he whined jokingly, dragging out his words, "It's not your fault that hair makes you look so masculine."

"I get it Draco, quit it!" you hissed at him.

Draco immediately stopped what he was doing and stared at you wide-eyed. He hadn't expected you to blow up like that.

"(Y/N) I-"

"Leave it alone, Malfoy." you snarled at him, your eyes now angry.

Draco swallowed thickly and sat back in his seat.

"What's been with you lately, huh?" you asked angrily, "You've been making fun of me for the stupidest things. Whether it's the way I do my work or the way I wear my hair, you always seem to find a good insult for it. Why is that?"

Draco couldn't say anything. Instead he just stared at you blankly.

"Just once, be nice to me. It won't kill you!" you said, lifting your arms in exaggeration and bringing them back down.

You sat back and stared out the window, wiping away a few tears running down your cheeks as the train started moving.

You and Draco both sat in silence for a few minutes. None of you could speak. None of you wanted to speak. But after about fifteen minutes of piercing silence, he slowly stood up and sat next to you.

He sat down and placed his hands on his knees, which were now starting to sweat. Draco didn't know if this was the right thing to do at this time, but right now all that mattered to him was your happiness.

Draco swiftly kissed you on the cheek and shrunk back into the seat, his cheeks flaming up as you gasped and widened your eyes.

You blinked a few times and looked over to him. He was staring straight ahead at the seat in front of him, willing himself not to make eye contact with you.

He caught your eye after a few seconds and mumbled out, "Sorry."

Suddenly, he sat up and turned to face you.

"I don't know what's gotten into me (Y/N), honestly. I swear, I never wanted to hurt you, that was the last thing I wanted to do."

He sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair.

"I just..." he trailed off, this time taking your small hand in his large one and squeezing it tightly, making you blush and stare in shock at your hands.

"I like you, okay?" he said quickly, exhaling a sigh of relief as if to get it off of his chest.

"I've liked you for a while now and honestly, I don't know why I treat you this way. I'm like a ten year old schoolboy that shows his affection for the girl he likes by throwing rocks at her head! It's just - it's simply ridiculous and I'm truly sorry. I guess I just don't know how to act towards I have strong feelings for."

"You have strong feelings for me?" you replied.

Draco nodded nervously, swallowing lightly.

You giggled shyly.

"Well that kiss was certainly a start."

He smiled softly at you and kissed your cheek again, this time letting his lips linger before pulling away.

"I really am sorry (Y/N). Forgive me, yeh?"

You giggled again and kissed him softly on the lips. Draco widened his eyes in shock and did nothing, making you laugh and pull away.

You took his other hand and held it tightly.

"Draco, when I kiss you, kiss me back." you laughed out, making Draco shake his head and chuckle at himself.

"Okay." he laughed before leaning in to kiss you again. You eagerly kissed him back as his lips moved softly against yours. Draco pulled away with his eyes still closed, a smile prominent on his face.

He slowly opened them to find you smiling brightly at him.

"So...are we...together now, or something?" he asked, laughing at the same time.

You giggled back and pecked him on the lips.

"Yea. We're together."