Chapter 23: Pack Meeting

Tristan's POV

Excusing myself from Lise to head over to my father's study, I wondered what he needed to speak to me about? What can possibly be that important that he has to pull me away from introducing my mate to fellow pack members?

Knocking on the door to the study, "Come in." My dad announced looking up from his paperwork as I slipped in and closed the door behind me.

"What's up Dad?" I asked suddenly worried that there might be a larger issue at hand. "Is there something wrong?"

He shook his head from side to side and ran his hand through his hair messing it up. "I just wanted to forewarn you, prepare you for what we're up against." My dad sighed. What's he warning me about? Is the pack in danger? Are there rogues on the horizon that are ready to attack? Is there something we need to be doing?

"Some of the pack might not be as accepting to the fact that your mate is human." My dad said pointedly. "Traditional wolves feel as though their Luna should be a fellow wolf in order to carry on a strong Alpha bloodline."

A vicious growl erupted from deep within my chest. Who would dare deny my mate? She's my mate and no one else's, so why would any of them have a concern in this? "I could care less what the pack thinks. She's my mate and their future Luna, they will respect her." I snarled, not necessarily at my father, but more at the thought of people giving my mate a hard time.

"I know that son, I just figured you had a right to know before we introduce her to the pack." My father announced standing up and walking around to pat me on the back. "She'll make a good Luna."

Hearing those five words from my father...the Alpha's mouth...meant more to me then the thoughts of our entire pack. He accepted my mate and even thought of her to be an acceptable Luna to lead the pack. It meant so much to me, because my Mother...current Luna...is the best Luna our pack has ever had.

'Trist, where are you? I suggest you get your ass down here ASAP!' Luke sent through our mind link, causing me to jump from my seat. Yanking open the door to the study, we heard an immediate commotion downstairs. I looked over at my dad with a confused expression.

Running down the steps, I could hear a scuffling noise? Rolling around on the floor in the foyer of my house was my mate and Jewel. What in the hell is going on here? I left her alone for a total of two whole minutes and she's scrapping with Jewel?

"Get off my hair you bitch!" Jewel shrieked trying to tug her hair out of Lise's grip. But amusingly my mate had her hair wrapped up into a tight fist of her left hand as she threw punches with her right.

Let me find out that I have a little boxer on my hands! I had to laugh at the sight before me, I'm sure whatever the case may be, Jewel deserved every bit of the ass beating she was getting. Glancing over at my dad who was standing next to me, he shook his head and smirked. He too, knew Jewel and her non-ability to keep her mouth shut.

Just as I was about to take a step down onto the next step, five of Jewel's roadies came rushing at Lise, they were trying to get her off Jewel. Before I could make my way to her to help, it was like a flash of lightning flew before my eyes as his roar echoed throughout the house.

"Back off!" Axel barked in a threatening tone jumping in front of the two fighting. The look on his face daring any one to try and jump in making the fight unfair. At that moment I was grateful for Axel being her protector. He wanted to let the two of them go at it fair and square. He probably knows Lise will beat him up if he breaks up their fight. This was a long time coming and I respect him even more for letting them go at it.

"C'mon sweetheart, that's quite enough." I declared, picking Lise up by her waist she was straddling a thrashing Jewel holding her hands down. Lise wasn't even trying to hit her anymore, just doing her best to maintain control over the situation. I think she got her fair shares of hits before she decided enough was enough.