Truth with a twist of sparrows and Queens.

A,N: a new chapter! This is an interesting chapter indeed, who only follows the story a little. so hope you all like it. please comment!

Zaira's p.o.v.

"Three cheers for Zaira!" said Scorch and drank his cup of beer in one big mouthful.

Most of the members were doing the same thing. I was sitting on a chair in front of Scorch, but didn't want to touch any of the beers and stuff. In the other end of the room, was Shark leaning towards the wall, pretending that he really didn't care. However I knew better. Shark was following this conversation, like he was glued to me. I sighed. I needed to tell him, to be less protective, but in some way I understood him. Scorch could be unpredictable.

"I am happy that you like me doing all the work for you" Zaira said and snort "It wasn't easy sneaking aboard a ship undetected you know". Scorch only smiled and hit me on the shoulders. He was in a really happy mood today.

"I am appreciating this Mysty" He said and hit her on the shoulders again. I sighed.

"Oh really?" I said "Then please remove the leash of Shark from my neck. I suspect you trust me now".

Shark lifted his eyebrows. I think he didn't figure, that I need to free myself for him or Scorch or the others would be suspicious. Scorch grinned. However he was smiling evilly at me.

"No Can't do yet Mysty. This was just the beginning. I have great plans with you" He said and his little brother Chills nodded in agreement.

I only snort cold. Today we had stolen goods from another gangs ship. Or I have sneaked aboard and knocked out every people on the ship and Scorch and his gang could just walk in, take what they need and leave. Shark had been my helper, since Scorch still didn't trust me. We both were not thrilled knocking people out, but better than killing them, thats for sure. I let out a sigh and drank some of my beer. Then I got up on my feets.

"So where is my part of all these goods?" I said and sended Scorch a cold look.

He just smirked and tossed me a bound of money on the table. I had never seen that much money in my life, but I was never gonna show that to Scorch. I had a calm poker face. I grabbed the money and snort coldly.

"Yeah. That should cover it" I just said and began leaving. I could hear Scorch tell Shark to follow me and a minute later we were both walking towards the centrum of the city. Shark looked puzzled at me.

"What was the cold act just now Zaira?" He questioned and looked at me "Don't want to have me around? And what's with the money?". I sighed and smiled at him.

"I needed to do that" I stated "Don't you think Scorch would be a little skeptical if I never asked for anything in return or complained about being followed by you? Scorch would properly figure out our act and we both would get punished or the worst. Getting killed!". Shark sighed. He took my hand. I looked at him.

"So what are you gonna use the money for Zaira?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Give it away I think" I stated "Or I could buy me a deck, but I don't want that with stolen money". Shark smiled a little.

"You could also cut your ties with the gang. You have enough money to even buy you a house, maybe get a decent job, something like this". I snort.

"Oh yeah" I said "If I do that, you will properly die, or if I drag you along, you will getting punished for my crimes".

Shark looked confused at me. I sighed and grabbed a newspaper without anyone noticing. (Old habits die hard) I turned around on a page and showed Shark it. A little article was shown.