Dark mists and duels part 1.

Normal p.o.v.

In some side alley in Heartland city was two people were dueling. One of them was Nistro and the other, in his eyes, were some punk who broke their sacred rule. Alias a cheater. Beside him was his partner Dextra. They were both part of Mr. Heartland's committee. The ones who was the judges and made sure no one was cheating. Also in secret was checking for numbers. Right now Nistro attacked this cheater with his "Hammer bounzer". The duelist got blasted to the floor.

"Get up!" yelled Nistro angry "I am not finished with you yet". The kid got up.

"Please Nistro. I will never cheat in a duel again" said the boy in a scared "Please I have learned my lesson. Please let me go". Nistro snort.

"Not a chance kid" He said "Not before you pay punk". Dextra behind him sighed.

"That is enough Nistro" she said "Don't forget our real mission, to track down number cards".

Nistro looked at her and sneered. He turned toward the kid.

"You are getting off easy kid, but don't let me see your face ever again in Heartland city or you are gonna get it".

The kid got quickly up and rushed out of there with horror shown in his face.

In the meantime Flip, the guy from Yuma's group who was using flip effect monsters, fell of the tree, he had been hiding in. He was at the start of the carnival at the opening ceremony, rushes up in the tree, to find duelists who was easy to spot and beat. However instead he fell asleep and woke up a day later in the carnival. Flip was in panic since he was behind in the carnival. He was rushing out of there, to find a duelist to beat. Until he realises that the competition properly was a lot harder now that he was missing a day. Unless he was pulling out a flip side. He was grinning evilly.

Yuma's p.o.v.

Yuma and Tori was walking through the streets of the city. Yuma had just placed his fought heart piece in it and was smiling happily. Just one more and he was qualified for the finals. Tori was as happy as he was.

"Congratulation Yuma, just one more and then you are a finalist" she said.

"Yeah I am awesome right" He said and smiled a big wide smile. Tori nodded.

"Um but I wonder where Zaira is. She just suddenly disappeared after I had brought that ice cream for myself" Tori said confused. "Has she decided to wander around alone in the carnival".

Yuma grinned awkwardly and looked around. When he was sure no one was around, he pulled Tori down a side street.

"Since you are my best friend I figure I could tell you" Yuma said "But you have to promise to never tell anyone about this". Tori nodded and swore never to tell.

"Okay listen to this" Yuma whispered and pointed at his key "Zaira is visiting Astral in the key. Apparently they both can travel in and out". Tori looked surprised.

"Really? That is awesome" she said "So Astral is really having a great friend in Zaira, since he wants to invite her to his home. Wonder how she does it?".

"Yeah well I don't know" Yuma said and shrugged "But since they are both in the key I have a free duel without both of them commenting my moves".

Tori smiled. They continued to walking down the streets, when they suddenly came across one of their classmates called Spencer. He was rushing around and it was like he was looking for something. Yuma and Tori decided to figure out what was going on. Apparently Flip had tricked him. He had accidentally switched pieces with Flip. He had a whole bag with heart pieces and Spencer could have them in exchange for his heart piece. However later on Spencer found out the pieces was all fakes. They were made out of candies. In the end Tori and Yuma decided to help finding Flip to get Spencer.