Chapter 37: Fight for it

~Caden's pov~

~Next day~
"What am I going to do, Ash?" I whined, falling back onto my bed. She looked up from her phone and sat down beside me. I rolled over besides her, letting her rub my back in comfort.

"I don't know babe," She replied, moving her hand in a rhythmic circle. "Just do what your heart tells you to do."

"My heart is screaming Harry but my head is drowning it out and saying Louis. With Louis, I know that things will be constant. I can count on him to always be there for me. There won't be any drama and he'll always try to make me happy. With Harry, I know that our relationship will be full of emotion and chaos. We're both very passionate people with different opinions. The highs will be high and the lows will be low," I mumbled, staring at my nails. "They're two different people. But they both mean so much to me."

"How long have you loved Harry Styles?"

"That wasn't love Ashtyn. That started off as an obsession and then it turned into to a petty crush."

"I'm going to ask you a question and you have to answer immediately. Okay? No second thoughts."

"Okay."

"Who do you want?"

And like she said, without hesitation, I gave her my answer, "Harry."

"Exactly what I thought."

"I feel so torn. I want Harry but at the same time I sort of want Louis."

"Honey, I think you fell for Louis because he reminds you of Matt. The sweet, dependable guy you can love and trust. Someone you don't have to fight for because their always there. That's why you guys got together so quickly and so easily."

"So you're saying that I'm with Louis because he reminds me of Matt."

"Yea. I am."

As I looked over the last five months that I had been here, I realized that what she said was right. Louis was so much like Matt that it made my heart hurt just to think about it. The way they laughed, the way they smiled when they were sleepy, how they walked when they were feeling confident, how they threw their arms around me shoulders to press my into their sides. They could have been twins if he were still alive. I can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now.

Tears began to spill over my water line, dripping onto my cheeks. I furiously wiped them away as I quickly sat up. "I need to talk to Louis. This has to end now. Can you go get him please? The sooner the better."

"Of course. I'll send him up. Good luck babe."

She slowly sat up and exited the room. In the time when she was gone, I calmed myself down and wiped my face free of tears. I needed to do this without breaking out into tears and saying something that is caused by messy emotions. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Louis any more than needed.

There was a soft knock on my door before it creaked open and Louis walked in, "Hello love, Ash said you wanted me. What's up?"

Taking in a deep, shaky breath I nodded, "We need to talk."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he sat on top of my comforter. "What's wrong?"

"I talked to Harry yesterday-"

"He told you, didn't he?"

I stopped but slowly nodded, "Yea he told me."

He angrily got up and began tugging on the roots of his hair as he paced, "The son of a b*tch. I asked him to do one thing. ONE THING! And he can't even listen. I asked him to stay away from you, to just ignore you but the bastard couldn't do this for me."