Chapter 23: Frozen

“So I was thinking-” Louis started.                  

“Uh-oh. You were thinking? That’s never good,” I laughed looking up from my phone.

Louis huffed and sat down on the edge of my bed, “Don’t interrupt me woman! As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted; what do you think of going out on a date?”

“A date? With who?” I joked, tilting my head to the side.

Louis sighed, shaking his head, “With me. Your boyfriend.”

“I have a boyfriend?” I continued, trying to act all surprised. “Since when?”

“Caden,” Louis growled playfully. He crawled towards me, making me lean back onto the fluffy pillows that covered my bed. My heart began wildly pounding in my chest as he got closer and closer. He hovered over me, looking as if he was in mid push up. Our noses slightly brushed, making me giggle.

“Louis,” I replied trying to make my voice sound manlier. He let out an involuntary chuckle.

“Don’t, ever, do that again,” he tried saying seriously, but ended up laughing.

“Why? I thought it sounded sexy.”

He threw his head back and let out a hearty laugh. When he was done, he looked at me with a serious expression. Or at least as serious as Louis Tomlinson could get.

“Would you go out on a date with me?” He asked in a low whisper. Shivers ran up and down my spine, causing little goose bumps to appear on my arm. Louis noticed and swiped his finger across the bumpy skin.

“Yes,” I replied, tilting my face upwards to kiss his soft lips.

“Good. I’ll pick you up tomorrow at eight.” He joked, nuzzling his face into my neck.

Right then, Harry opened the door. His face was slack jawed as he saw the position Louis and I were in. “Sorry, sorry,” he mumbled, casting his eyes downward. “I was just bringing this back.” Held up my song journal.

I sighed, pushing Louis away and getting up to grab my journal. I snatched it from his fingers, watching him flinch.

“Thanks.” I said, putting the book on my desk.

“I’m sorry,” I barely heard Harry whisper. “I’m so sorry.”

Before I could say anything, he swiftly closed the door. I stared at the wood for a few seconds, before turning around. I crawled back into my bed to snuggle up with Louis.

“You up for a movie?” Louis asked, grabbing my TV remote from the nightstand.

“Sure,” I shrugged, snuggling deeper into his side.

He flicked through the channels, trying to find the best movie. He finally stopped at one. I didn’t pay much attention to what was happening, as I traced the intricate bird tattoo on his arm.

“Why swallows?” I whispered.

Louis looked down at his arm, “Harry and I thought it would be a good idea at the time. I guess it sort of represents the freedom we once had when we weren’t famous.”

I hummed in response, and moved on to his next tattoo. “What about this one?” I asked pointing to his compass tattoo.

“That one’s simple. It reminds me that no matter where I go in the world I can always find my way home,” he replied looking me dead in the eye.

“And where is that?”

“Where ever you are.”

I blushed like mad, then moved on to the tattoo on his chest. “What’s this one mean?”