Chapter 27: Date night (part two)

Rough Water~ Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz

Lighting in a Bottle~ The Summer Set

~1 hour later~

“Caden wake up,” Louis whispered, gently shaking my shoulders.

“Where are we?” I asked, my voice thick from sleep.

“Why don’t you look for yourself?” he chuckled, taking off the blind fold. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by ocean and sand. We were at the beach.

I let out a sound of amazement, “Wow. Louis this is amazing.”

“I thought you might like it,” he laughed, holding out his hand to help me out of the car.

The sun had begun to set, casting everything in an orange glow. The water was gently lapping at the beach shore, bringing up little crabs that buried back into the sand. Louis had somehow been able to set up a runway of lights that led to a little hut. The hut had a carpet and light up everywhere an a table. The table was set really low to the ground and it was surrounded by a couch type of thing piled high with fluffy pillows.(Pic of it to the side --->)

“How did you do this?” I whispered, letting him lead me to the hut.

“I know people,” he shrugged. I laughed and put my head on his shoulder when we sat down.

“This is fantastic. It’s so beautiful.”

“Yea. you really are.”

I looked up at him and blushed. He smiled at me lovingly, and held me a little tighter. For the first few minutes we just sat there watching the suns reflection bounce off the water. After a little while the sun set, and the moon made its appearance bring the stars out with it. Louis pulled away from me to open the dome that covered our food. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw a giant plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

“You are so cheesy,” I stated, sitting up-right so that I could eat without getting dirty. Louis shrugged as if to say ‘what ya gunna do about it?’, “and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

We ate our food and talked about our lives. He described his family to me, and his love for his sisters was so clearly evident. Just the way he talked about them, made me excited to meet them. I told him about life back on the farm, and how I had to help my dad overlook everything from the farm to the bar because of his Alzheimer’s. We talked about his fans, and the countries they’ve been to. He described each place with such detail, and told me the type of fans that lived in that country.

“You seem really found of your fans,” I stated, taking a sip of my water.

There was a goofy, love struck grin on his face, “Yea, they’re our girls. Without them we wouldn’t be living out our dreams and I could never thank them enough. I wish that there was some way to sit down with each of them and just talk. Some of them have been through so much, and it would be such an honor to hear how we helped them. Just being able to meet Grace and Annabelle at the hospital and being able to hear their story was so cool. I wish that we could meet more of our fans.”

I smiled back at him with a loving expression. This boy never failed to amaze me. “You’re too sweet. I pretty sure that every fan you’ve ever met, you have absolutely changed their lives.”

He bit his lip and stared into my eyes. I could feel my cheeks go up in flames as he studied me like he was getting ready for the SAT’s. In one swift motion, he leaned in and gave me a passionate kiss. When that was over, I leaned back and took a deep breath. Louis chuckled, giving my cheek a soft kiss.