Chapter 1: Math is evil

"Math is evil"

~Caden's pov~

I hate math. So much it physically hurts. Mr. Walsh, the evil math teacher who hates me with every fiber of his being, is extremely boring. Plus the math is really hard.

So like I always do I began to day dream about One Direction.

-day dream-

"Can I tell you a secret?" Harry whispered in my ear. Slowly I nodded. "I've been in love with you this entire time. "

At soon as the words were out of his mouth, my heart began to pound against my chest. This was the moment I've been waiting for as his mouth slowly inches against mine.

"Can I tell you tell you a secret to?"

"Anything babe."

"I love you to."

A smirk played across his plump lips as he lowered his head. Or mouths were so close-

"MS. JONES. PAY ATTENTION!" Mr. Walsh yelled breaking my train of thought.

"Yes sir!" I mumbled writing down the notes he had written on the board.

The class sent out a collective snicker before returning to the lesson.

About a half our later we were finally dismissed. I walked out the door and headed to my locker to pack my things.

"CADEN!" Ashtyn screamed jumping on my back as I was locking my locker.

"ASHTYN! DEVON!" I screamed back pushing Ashtyn off of me.

"Lets go!" Ash wined tugging on my sleeve. "I want to go for a ride."

"So do I. But you don't see me or Dev going crazy now do you?"

She mumbled something under her breath as we walked out to the school parking lot. I found Devon's blue car near the front. We got into the car and he drove us home.

"See you in a few!" I yelled as he dropped Ash and I off.

"Kay Kay!" Ash giggled running towards her stable while I went to mine.

Saying a quick hello to General, I wen straight to Rebel's stall. My chocolate brown quarter horse nickered happily once he spotted me.

"Hey baby. " I cooed lightly blowing some air on his nose. He brightest happily and moved his head so I could scratch his cheek. "You ready to go for a ride?"

My only response was a loud neigh as I opened the lath to his stall. I mounted him bare back, except for his reins, and led him out to the pasture where Ash was already waiting with Tepanga.

As I approached her I spotted my dad through my living room window. He was sitting on the couch talking to a toaster.

"Whatcha lookin at?" Ash asked guiding Tepanaga closer to me.

"My dad is talkin to a toaster." I sighed, my voice thick with tears. "He's not getting any better. What am I going to do?"

"Pray for the best."

Just then Devon and popcorn trotted up. Devon hated riding bare back, unlike ash and I who adored it, so he had a saddle on.

"We goin or wh- is your dad talkin to a toaster?" He asked.

"Yup... Come on. Rebel's dyin to run."

"Okay let's go. "

He lightly squeezed his legs sending Popcorn running towards the trails. Ash and Tepanga were next.

"Ya!" I yelled. Rebel went into a full sprint, easily catching up to Tepanga in seconds.