chapter 10: Surprise

Surprise

~Cadens pov~

"Do you guys mind if I call my friend Ashtyn?" I asked. A course of 'Yea' and 'Why not' were my answer. "Sweet."

I pulled out my white iPhone 5s and dialed Ash's number. I put the phone on speaker and soon the sound of dialing filled the car.

"You better be either A. dying B.being kidnapped or C. drunk out of your right mind to be calling me at six am on a Saturday morning. Pick. One." Ashtyn growled over the speaker.

"D. None of the above. Good morning sunshine. " I chirped. I could just imagine her mentally choking me to death.

"I'm going to kick your ass when you get back. "

"Who is it?" I heard Devon mumble in the background.

"Who do you think is crazy enough to call me this early in the morning Dev?"

"I don't know. Santa Clause?"

"Caden you idiot. Its Caden!"

"Oh... HI CADEN!"

"HI DEVON!" I shouted.

"This better be good or I'm hanging up. " Ash yawned.

"HI ASHTYN!" The boys yelled.

"Holy sh*t." She yelped.

A second later a loud thump emitted from my small speaker. The boys shot me a confused look, which I replied with a shrug.

"Umm.. Why is ash on the floor?" Devon asked sounding as confused as we were.

"Because one direction is on the other side. You know Cade a little warning next time would be nice. " Ash answered.

"Is that a good enough reason Ash?" I giggled.

"Good enough not to get yourself killed?..Pretty much."

"Well that's about it. I'll talk to you later. LOVE YOU!"

"LOVE YOU TO!"  they shouted back.

"Your friends seem...interesting." Liam chuckled as I shoved mg phone into my back pocket.

"They are. Yall would love 'em if you ever got to meet 'em. "

"I bet we would. So is Devon her brother?" Niall asked.

"No. They kiss so that would be weird. They're actually boyfriend girlfriend. "

I pulled out my phone again and showed them a picture of Ash and Dev. I handed Louis my phone so they could just lass it around. Once they all saw the picture Louis handed me back my cell.

"Who's this?" He asked. When I looked at the screen a picture of Matt and I from a year ago was on it.

"No one. " I snapped closing the picture.

"Okay. Sorry."

"No. I'm sorry. The guy in the picture was my ex-boyfriend matt. He was in the Navy. He died about five months ago. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sort of a cliff hanger. Sorry its so short but I'll update more in a few minutes or tomorrow depending if I have time tonight.

Anyways please comment and vote because it means a lot to me.

Picture of Matthew and Caden to the side.

love you guys ~

Becca