Chapter 13: Closer

Closer

~Harrys POV~                                                      

The music stopped causing me to snap out of whatever trance it put me in. I darted back downstairs and ran outside. I didn’t want her to catch me listening in on her privacy. I slowed my breath then calmly walked back inside, making it seem like I had just arrived.

“Hi Harry.” Caden greeted walking down the stairs.

“Hey Caden.”

“Where are the other boys?”

“Why? Am I not good enough for you?”

“That’s not… N-no... That’s not what I meant. I-I was just wondering.”

“I’m just messing with you love.”

She rolled her eyes, but the smallest of smiles tugged at her lip. I chuckled as the two of us sat on the couch. It was awkwardly silent as the two of us sat side by side, not saying a word.

“How ‘bout we go out for a ride?” Caden suggested breaking the silence.

“Sure.” I grinned pushing myself off the couch then helping her up. Her smile was wide as she led me out to the stables.

Rebel neighed happily as we approached. Caden softly blew on his nose and he blew back. “Okay so I’m going to change into my riding outfit and then, for the sake of your butt, I’m going to put a saddle on him.”

“Okay.”

“Just wait a second. I’m going to be in the next stall over. Don’t peak.”

“Okay.”

 She left the stall and went to the next one over. To pass time, I raked my fingers through Rebels mane, when suddenly my eye caught movement. Upon further inspection, I saw that it was a mirror on the wall of the stall. It reflected Caden taking off her shirt. Though my mind was telling me to look away, I couldn’t.

“I’m almost done. I’ll be out in a second.” She yelled over her shoulder as she tugged the riding shirt over her head.

 “Uh… Okay.” I mumbled adverting my eyes from the mirror.

 “Okay. Ready to go?” she asked re-entering the stall with two helmets underneath her arms. She was wearing a tight white t-shirt, tan riding pants, and dark brown riding boots.

“Yea.” I smiled the biggest helmet and shoving it on top of my curls.

“Hehe. You look funny.” She giggled putting on her own helmet over her freshly braided hair. I crossed my eyes and suck out my tongue making her laugh even more.  “Stop it you weirdo.”

I stopped what I was doing and helped her put on the saddle. She swung herself on onto the saddle before lending out her hand. I grabbed it and swung myself behind her. She lightly squeezed her knees together, leading the horse out of the stall then out of the stable.  

We rode in silence; letting Rebel lead us wherever he wanted. Caden looked at me over her shoulder and smiled. I smiled in return and wrapped my arm around her waist.

“I can see why you love riding so much… Its really nice.” I whispered getting caught up in the peace. It’s rare for me to ever get a moment of silence. There’s always noise wherever I go. Fans screaming, cameras clicking, phone ringing, management scolding, Kendall nagging, the boys laughing, the list goes on.