•eleven

"I'm just a kid with too much lonely space."

•lucas

When I got Franklin there weren't that many people that were still taking classes. Most of the kids were still on break doing fun stuff with their friends. As soon as I could take classes I started, because then I could be over with them sooner.

Today everyone was having a party to celebrate something that I couldn't bother to remember. Conrad was supposed to come with me, but he canceled last minute. I had other friends at Franklin, but none of them were like Maya, Farkle, and Riley.

I was sitting down on one of the couches alone drinking water. I kept checking my phone to see if Conrad would text me back and of course he never did.

"Lucas!" Alex shouted.

Alex was Conrad's old roommate from last year. They went to high school together, but they were never friends. Conrad wasn't a big fan of him, because he never cleaned up after himself.

Alex sat down next to me and put his feet up on the table.

"What's up Lucas? How are you doing?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Tilly told me that you aren't coming back for the next semester so what are you going to do?"

Honestly I had no idea what I was going to do whenever I had to the dorms.

"I might go back home and stay with my parents," I lied.

Never in a million years would I go and stay with my parents. I'm done with seeing my parents.

"That's cool. I don't know what I'm going to do now that I flunked a few of my classes."

"Didn't you flunk like three out of four of your classes?"

"Yes. But let's not forget that I passed one of them. I got a seventy nine in my bio class."

"Well congrats for passing biology."

"Thank you."

After that some random girl came over and started to make out with Alex. Once they hit the five minute mark I couldn't watch them make out anymore so I left.

On my way back to my room a couple people stopped me and talked about various things with me. I tried to pay attention as much as I could.

Some freshman girl that I had only ever talked to once before stopped me right as I was going into my hallway.

"Hey Lucas," She said, flipping her hair.

I couldn't remember her name.

"Um hi," I coughed.

She traced her fingers around my chest making me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

"You never called me after that party," She wined, "I'm starting to think that you don't like me."

Yeah that's exactly how I feel.

Still can't remember her name.

"No. I've just been really busy. I'm moving out of my dorm soon so I can't really hang out with people right now."

"Weren't you just at a party?"

"Yes. But I only went to that, because Conrad said he was going to come along with me."

"So where is Conrad?"

"He's back at our dorm and I think that he really needs me, because he sent me a text saying that he needs me."

I held up my phone really quickly so that she couldn't see that he didn't actually send me a text.

She leaned closer to me. I could now smell her breath.

"Well maybe you can come back to room after you deal with his emergency," she said.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. Conrad's emergencies tend to take a lot of time."

"Someone is playing really hard to get."

No not really.

"Anyway I have to go see you later!" I yelled, running away from her.

As soon as I got to my dorm and slammed the door behind me and sank to the floor. I shut my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath in.

"Welcome back," Conrad laughed.

I opened my eyes once I heard his voice.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks one me, because everything on my side of the room was boxed up. It looked like someone was moving.

I stood up, "Conrad is this a joke. Why is all my stuff boxed up?"

Conrad got up off his chair and handed me a piece of paper.

"What's this?" I asked, taking the paper.

"A one way ticket to California. You're not giving up just yet."

-

I don't know about you guys but I love Conrad.