•forty

"I'll always be there. Even on the toughest days when it seems like nobody is, I can promise you that I'm here for you."

•riley

I was alone in the room with nothing but the beeping sounds of my heart monitor. I sent Farkle home to get some sleep, because things were moving along so slowly with my labor. My parents were at Lucas and Maya's apartment catching up on sleep.

I actually didn't mind being alone right now. Everyone would most likely be smothering me right now with question while I was in pain.

"How are you doing?" A voice asked.

I thought it was another doctor coming in to check on me, but when I looked up someone was sitting in the chair next to my bed. It was Shawn. He sat there grinning at me.

"Is it really you?" I asked, half in shock.

He nodded and grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze. I wasn't imagining him. He was actually there.

I questioned, "How is this possible?"

"You are family. I would do anything to be here with you right now."

"Thank you. Have you seen Maya lately?"

"I see her everyday. I watch over her and make sure that she knows I'm there for her. I've been there for you and Farkle too."

"I miss you everyday."

"I miss you everyday as well."

"Sometimes it gets really hard without you around. I think it has been really hard for Maya too. She tries to act all strong whenever your birthday passes, but I know she is really hurting."

"Sounds like Maya. I miss her just as much as she misses me. I'm just glad that I left her with the people that she trust most. I know that she is in good hands," He replied.

"She's back together with Lucas," I said, "He moved back here a couple months ago. They went back to Texas to get some stuff and Maya said things just fell back in place."

"Good. Lucas came into her life for a reason. I don't think I've ever seen her happier. You can just tell by the way her face lights up when she talks about."

"Yeah. Those two are definitely in love with one another."

"Enough about them. Tell me how is motherhood going."

Shawn I talked for a few more minutes before he had to leave. He promised that I would see him again soon and that he would always be there to check up on us.

"I love you," he said, walking out the door.

Before he was gone I shouted, "I love you too."

"See you soon," he said.

I felt a sense of peace after that. Knowing that he was always there for us made everything seem okay.

-

I miss the chapters that Shawn were in. He is going to be in a few more of these coming up so don't you worry this isn't the last of him.