•forty-two

"They say we shouldn't be together, but what do they know."

•maya

I had been giving Lucas direction on how to get home for the last hour. I helped him get into California, but I didn't lead him directly home.

"Turn left up here and then make one last  right turn at the corner," I pointed him in the direction we needed to go towards.

Once we were stopped a red light he turned to me. I gave him a cheeky smile.

"Maya this isn't the way home or to the hospital," He said, "Riley's close to eight centimeters, don't you think we should be heading over there."

"Not until we make one quick little stop. I have a surprise for you and I think your going to love it."

We pulled up close to the boardwalk and got out of the car. Barley anyone was out here. 

"Why are we going to the boardwalk on Christmas Eve? It's four o'clock. Everyone is going to be at home with their families."

"Just trust me."

We began walking down towards the beach. I held his hand as we walked closer to the water. I stopped him when we were a few feet away from a lady and small boy.

Lucas turned to me, "What are we doing here Maya?"

"I made a few calls the other day and found someone that I think you should meet."

"Is that my sister?"

"I found Quinn."

-

Quinn is here now