•thirty-six

"It's you. I cannot describe it anymore, it is you. You are the only one that I want. I belong with you. You are my home. I look at you and somehow I can see fifty years from now on the front porch of some old house in the middle of nowhere. I need you. You are the only thing that matters. You are my good."

•lucas

Maya and I got in the car and drove back to the hotel in silence. I couldn't think of anything to say to her. There was no apology I could come up with that was good enough for her after what my parents said to her. 

When we got to the hotel Maya and I both got out of the car. She started walking towards the doors of our hotel, but she stopped when she saw I wasn't following. I was sitting on the hood of my car. Maya walked over and sat down next to me. She put her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her.

"I shouldn't have let you come to Texas with me. I should have known that my parents wouldn't hold back around you. Christmas is in four days and we should be back home with Riley and Farkle."

"Hey I don't blame you for any of this. I wanted to come with you and it's not your fault that your parents said that stuff to me. None of this was your fault."

We stopped talking again. I could feel Maya's heart pounding.

"How are you feeling?" Maya asked.

I inhaled, "I meant what I said back there. When I told them that I was in love with you, I meant it. Maya I am in love with you."

Maya put her hands on my cheeks and pulled me in, kissing me passionately. Once we pulled apart she rested her forehead on mine.

Maya smiled, "I'm in love with you too."

"I thought that we would never be able to get that out to each other," I said.

Maya rested her head back on my shoulder. We sat outside watching the sun setting together.

I couldn't wait until we were back home. I wanted to get home and see Riley and Farkle. Kian was probably coming any day now and everyone wanted to meet him. 

I questioned, "Hey do you want to get out of here?"

Maya lifted her head off my shoulder, "Where do you want to go?"

"Home. I think we have spent enough time here in Texas."

-

Maya and Lucas finally say I love you to each other!

There is so much snow surrounding the house right now.