•forty-six

"I've waited a hundred years for you. But I'd wait a million more for you."

•lucas

Maya stepped away from Shawn. It was the first time she looked happy in a long time. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and planned a kiss on her head.

"I guess it's my turn now," I said, stepping towards Shawn.

Shawn looked at me with his classic grin. I could tell he felt a sense of closure after getting to say goodbye to Maya. I knew that was his biggest regret.

Shawn wrapped his arms around me so that he could pull me into the biggest hug that he could possibly give. The hug was reassuring. I felt at home, more at home than I ever felt when I actually lived with my parents. I only knew Shawn for a few months and he was still more of a father to me than my parents.

"I missed you," Shawn said.

I chuckled, "I've missed you more than anything."

I was surprised that he still wanted to talk to me after everything that happened. Then I remembered that this was Shawn I was speaking with. We grew so close in his final weeks and when I found out he died a part of me died. He had only been in my life for a small amount of time but he changed it. Shawn changed everything for the better.

At night sometimes when I worried about Maya and the kind of childhood she had I think back to Shawn. He was there for her. He was the person who watched over her and made sure that everything was going to be okay. And before Shawn she had the Matthews.

Now it was my turn. But this time I was ready for her.

"I'm happy to see Maya with you again."

We both looked over at her and smiled. She was beautiful and I honestly still just wanted to kiss her forever after bringing my sister back to me. I loved her so much.

"I know I messed up last time but this is different. I'm ready to be a real man. I'm ready to be the kind of person who doesn't abandon the person they love when things get hard," I chocked out.

He nodded his head. I knew that he wasn't going to be disappointed that we were together again. I just wanted him to understand that I was different. I wanted him to know that I loved her and wouldn't make the same mistakes that I had made before.

Shawn admitted, "I'm proud of you Lucas for coming back. I don't even know if that's something I could have done."

That's why Shawn was such a great person. He was the type of person who would tell everyone that he had flaws too. He wasn't just someone who pretended to be perfect. Some people would do that, but not Shawn.

"I had some help along the way but I'm glad I'm back too."

I thought back to Conrad. He was the reason why I was here. If it wasn't for him constantly telling me to go see her again, I wouldn't be here.

My life was constantly full of these people who I didn't deserve.

"I hope you two end up with your forever after. And I hope that you get the ending I've always wanted for Maya."

"Thank you Shawn."

We hugged one last time before we said our finally goodbye.

Maya walked over with me and we watched as Shawn walked off into the distance. We watched him until he had fully disappeared from our sight.

I wrapped my arm over Maya's arm as we walked back to car.

"Come on. I think we got a baby to deliver," I said opening the car door for Maya.

-

Hello anyone who's still reading this story. Thank for the crazy amount of likes and comments that I've been getting even though I haven't been updating in forever. I'm so so sorry to anyone who has been waiting for these final chapters of the book. I'm actually going to finish this story over Christmas break so that everyone who still care can find out how this story ends.

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and I hope you continue reading the next couple of chapters as well.

Thank you to everyone who asked for me and supported me as I didn't write for a really long time. Words cannot express how much I owe every single one of you.

Thank you so much

I love you all

Xoxoxo