•thirty-two

"Everything has changed."

•farkle

The doctor was still with Riley. It had been about a half hour now since they took her back into the room.

Every worst possible situation was running through my head. I could only think about the back things that could possibly happen.

I tried reading through magazines to calm myself down, but nothing could calm me down.

"Hey man are you okay?" Some guy asked, who was sitting near me.

"My girlfriend starting having contractions about an hour ago. Whenever we got here the doctor said that he would be a few minutes, but it's been longer than that."

"I'm guessing that this is your first kid?"

"Yeah. How can you tell?"

"I can tell, because that is how I looked when I had my first kid. I don't think that I had ever been that nervous before."

"How many kids do you have?"

"This is my third kid. I was probably around your age when my wife had our first baby. She went in labor three weeks early and I remember thinking about all the things that could go wrong."

"How did you get over it?"

"Once I was able to hold my little girl in my arms everything just stopped. I wasn't scared of anything. I never thought that I could love someone as much as I do."

"Does it get easier?"

"The first kid is hard, because you scared that everything you do is wrong. The second one is a piece of cake. My wife and I are going to be experts with this third kid."

"Are you guys planning on having anymore kids?"

"I think three will be enough."

"Yeah I don't think that I'll even be able to hand more than one kid."

"You say that now, but once you start having a adorable babies you won't want to stop."

I would be willing to have as many kids as Riley wanted, just as long as they turned out like her. I wanted Kian and how ever many more kids we had to be just as sweet and kind as she was.

The doctor that took Riley back to a room walked out.

"Farkle you can come follow me back into the room," He said.

"How is Riley? Is she okay? How is Kian?" I asked.

"They are both fine."

Finally I could breath again.

The doctor led me into a room where Riley was laying down. I walked over to her side and held her hand.

"Hey baby how's our baby doing?" I asked.

"Would you like to see him?" The doctor asked.

I nodded.

The doctor pulled up the sonogram.

"Look at his little feet," Riley said, pointing at the screen.

"And here are his hands," the doctor added.

In that moment every fear disappeared. The only thing that matter was this.

Riley looked up and me and smiled, "I love you."

"I love you more," I said.

Everything was going to be fine.

I kissed Riley's head and put my hand on Riley's stomach and whispered, "I love you too."

-

Merry Christmas (even though it's the day after)

Awww Farkle is going to be a great father.