•thirty-one

"Love at first sight does not exist whenever you refuse to believe so."

•lucas

My parents were doing what they did best, ruining everyone else lives to make theirs better. I was trying not to let it get to me but no matter what they said it got under my skin.

Maya and I tried to go up to Quinn's room to look through her stuff, but my parents said we had to sit down for a while and hang out.

My mom took Maya outside to the garden and Maya had probably never been this bored before.

My dad and I sat at opposite chairs while he held a glass of whiskey in his hand. He didn't say anything to me. He kept the same face the entire time he looked at me.

I felt my phone start to vibrate in my pocket saving me from his. Thank god. I would give anything to just have five minutes away from my parents.

Once I far enough that my parents could hear me talking I picked up.

"Hello?"

It was Farkle, "Hey."

"Farkle what's doing on?"

"Riley and I are at the hospital right now," Farkle said.

"Is something wrong? Is Riley having the baby?"

"I don't know. I was finishing up painting the nursery when Riley walked over and said that she was having contractions. After I freaked out for a few minutes I drove us to the hospital."

"Well what did the doctor say?"

"They took Riley back so that they could check and make sure that everything was normal. They said I could go back in a few minutes, but I'm kinda freaking out right now."

"Why are you so freaked out?"

"I don't want to mess up his life. I just want to make sure that Kian gets to live a perfect live with people that love him."

"Trust me you and Riley are going to give that kid so much love that their won't be enough love from Maya and I."

"Thanks man."

"Anyway you shouldn't be worried about Kian. There is no way that with you and Riley as his parents that he is going to turn out normal. Not to mention with Maya and I as other influences in his life.

Farkle laughed, "True."

"Well I am going to let you get back to Riley. The doctor will probably be out in a few minutes to tell you what is going on. Give me a call as soon as you know what is happening so that I know if I should start driving a hundred miles an hour back to California."

"I'll let you know as soon as the doctor gets done."

"See you."

"Bye."

I knew that Farkle was freaking out. Everyone that knew Farkle could guess that he would be freaking out. He would definitely be one of those guys who would pass out while Riley was giving birth.

-

My mom still hadn't come back inside after a few minutes so I went out and brought Maya back in.

"Why couldn't you have saved me twenty minutes early when she went over every single flower that she had ever planned in the garden. I didn't even know that that many different kinds of flowers existed," Maya sighed.

I laughed. I almost forget about how obsessed my mom was with her garden.

When I was seven I had friends over to play football and we accidentally tore up her flowers. My mom didn't talk to me for a whole week over that. Once my dad bought her more flowers she put a fence up around the garden so that I couldn't destroy it again. 

"Yeah sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, my dad and I said nothing to each other. He sat there drinking and casually glaring back and fourth at me," I explained, "I only got out of it when Farkle called."

"Why did Farkle call?"

"Riley started having some contractions so he took her to the hospital."

"Is she in labor right now, because if she is we need to go."

"Whenever Farkle called Riley was still getting checked out by the doctor. He said he was going to call me back whenever he found out what was going on."

-

What is going on with Kian?

Merry Christmas!!!