•eighteen

"Nothing but time to kill."

•lucas

One month later

The nightmares still continued coming. At first it was once a week and then it was every other day. Soon after that it turned into every night. I was lucky if I could get three hours of sleep in one night.

I had classes during the day and the only way I could stay awake through them was by drinking cups and cups of coffee. Maya didn't even have a coffee pot so I had to buy one to keep up with my demands.

Sometimes if Maya wasn't home when I got back from school I would try and take a nap.

If I had a nightmare it normally woke me up around three and I would stay up the rest of the night with my lights on. Maya started getting up after I left for school so I never had to worry about her seeing me up in the morning.

One day I slipped up and dropped a cup of coffee on the ground. The next thing I knew Maya came running into the kitchen.

When she saw the broken glass on the ground she made me sit down at the table while she cleaned it up. Once she finished she sat down next to me.

"Why are you up so early?" She asked, "Your classes don't start for another three hours."

"I couldn't fall back to sleep," I lied.

Maya moved her chair over closer to me. She put both her hands on the cheeks and pulled my face closer to hers.

I almost thought she was going to kiss me.

"The bags under your eyes are huge," Maya sighed.

"I didn't get to sleep until really late," I lied again.

She clearly wasn't buying any of this.

"Lucas is everything okay?"

"Yes. Everything is perfect."

"Lucas-"

"Gosh I said every bring was okay. I don't need another mother telling me about everything that I'm going wrong."

"I didn't mean that."

I knew I shouldn't have said it once it came out.

"I'm sorry. I just need some more sleep," I sighed.

"Okay. Go get some more sleep."

-

Short chapter but I updated a second part so enjoy that too.