•forty-four

"I know you're happy cause your dreams came true."

•farkle

I watched Riley pretend that the pain wasn't bugging her. She wanted to look strong for me and for the baby. The way she gripped onto my hand made it obvious to the amount of pain she was experiencing.

Riley was almost ready to start pushing and she made it clear that she was not starting until Maya got back. Her doctor was not happy with this answer.

"Riley I strongly think you should reconsider your answer," The doctor begged.

Just as Riley started talking another contraction started. She gripped my hand even tighter and breathed in and out.

"Let me check how far along you are."

I pushed her hair out of her face and looked at Riley. This baby was coming with or without Maya and Riley needed to accept that.

"What?" She asked.

I leaned down and kissed her, "You know that I love you, right?"

"Of course I know that. Farkle I haven't spent one day with you where I had to question if I was actually loved or not," She added, "You know that I love you, right."

I nodded, "I know that you love me, because if you didn't love me we wouldn't be here right now. We wouldn't be moments away from having our baby."

"Our baby," She repeated.

The doctor cleared her throat and looked back up at us. She took off her rubber gloves and put them into the trash can.

"You are almost ten centimeters. It won't be very long now. You're going to want to start pushing soon," The doctor said.

I looked at Riley. I gave her the look, but she wouldn't change her mind.

"I'm not having this baby until my best friend walks through that door," Riley shouted.

I tried to smile at the doctor. I wanted her to know that Riley wasn't trying to sound so rude.

I laughed, "We are going to wait just a few more minutes."

-

Baby Kian!