•thirty-seven

"We took a chance."

•lucas

Maya and I packed up everything we brought along to Texas and put it in the car. We thought about waiting until the next day to leave, but decided to drive all night.

Maya slept as I drove home. I stopped somewhere and slept for a few hours before leaving once again. We still had eleven more hours in this car until we were back home.

Once we were both awake we talked.

"Let's agree never to come back here again," I said.

Maya who was leaning back in her seat laughed, "I don't think I'll ever be coming back here again."

"I promise that I will never make you come back here."

"Pinky Promise?"

Maya held up her pinky and I did the same. We both shook them and then I took her hand in mine.

"Thank you for coming with me. I don't think that I would have had any fun on this trip if you hadn't come," I told her.

We came to a red light as I looked over at her. She smiled up at me and kissed me.

She asked, "Hey can you stop at the next gas station? I need to get something and I want to get some hot chocolate."

"Anything for you, because I love you," I replied

Maya blushed a tad bit, "I love you too."

I loved that I could tell her that. Now I could say I love you whenever I wanted to.

-

I kept driving for a another twenty minutes until I saw the nearest gas station.

Maya got out and headed for the store as I began pumping the gas.

"Do you want anything?" She asked, turning back around.

The wind was blowing her hair around and she struggled to keep it looking the way she wanted it. She looked beautiful standing there. I wanted to take a picture of her to remember this moment forever.

"Yeah. Can you please get me a hot chocolate as well?" I shouted back.

"Using your manners, I like it. I'll be back in a few. Love you!"

"Love you too!"

It was great. We were almost like a couple of teenagers enjoy their first romance.

-

I finished pumping the gas and waited for Maya in the car. She was taking longer than I expected it would take to get hot chocolate. I was going to go inside and see if she was okay, but she came out a few seconds later.

Maya opened the door and handed me both of the hot chocolates. She climbed in and put her seat belt back on.

"What took you so long in there?" I asked.

Maya looked over at me and flashed a smile. I waited for her response, but instead she leaned over and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

She leaned back in her seat and took a sip of her hot chocolate. I started the car and drove away from the gas station.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just really happy right now."

-

Sorry for being to MIA. I've been thinking of new ideas for a stories and busy with school work.

But hopefully you'll forgive me and enjoy this chapter!

P.S. Don't forget about this chapter because it's important!