Chapter 2- When She Left

*Mattie's POV*

As I woke up on the first day of fall, I realized that my love was moving away today. I told her a million times that I didn't want her to leave, but she told me that if she didn't, she wouldn't be alive much longer. I knew why. She had been dealing with massive amounts of problems caused by people that she was too nice to, that wound up crushing her in the end. I loved her with every bone in my body, and that wasn't ever gonna change. I wanted to grow old with her, and die while holding her in my arms. I got out of bed, and went to my closet, and grabbed my black skinny jeans, and my black and white striped sweater. I changed and put on a red beanie. I went back over to my nightstand, and saw that I had a text from Anesthesia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anesthesia- Hey baby. I will be leaving in a half hour, if you want to come say goodbye to me. If you wanna come see me, you better hurry. I love you baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I locked my phone and didn't bother to reply. I ran into the living room and asked my stepdad if I could borrow the car. He gave me the keys, and I ran out the front door. I got in and started the car, and turned the stereo all the way up. I was blasting the Collide With The Sky Album, as loud as my stepdad's crappy car speakers would let me. I drove as fast as I could on back roads, making sure to avoid stop lights. When I got to Anesthesia's house 10 minutes later, I left the keys in the car, and ran up the driveway, to meet her halfway down the sidewalk. I took her into my arms, and I held her tight as we both began to cry. When we parted from hugging, I placed my hand on the side of her face and brought her lips to mine. We embraced for several minutes, until our spines started to hurt from being conformed to each other's body. I whispered "I love you baby." in her ear. She replied with a whisper in my ear,"I love you too baby.". I walked her back to my car, and we both got in the back doors. I laid down first, and then pulled her in the car and laid her next to me. She curled up and placed her face into the contours of my neck. I could feel the tear streaming down her face, and how she shoo uncontrollably when she took a breath in. I could physically feel her pain. It broke my heart to see her this way. I haven't seen her like this since the incident in 8th grade. I pulled her face up so I could look into her gorgeous emerald eyes, and I told her, "Baby, I just want you to know that I love you SO much. And I will never stop loving you no matter how far away you are.". She nodded her head, and I knew she understood by the look in her eyes. We embraced for a few moments longer, until her mother knocked on the car window. She told Anesthesia that it was time to leave. She gripped me as tight as her fragile body would allow, and then she got out of the car. We kissed one last time before she got into the moving truck. I watched my love drive away, to realize, she had taken half of my heart with her. I began to sob, and when everything became too much for me, I got out of the car, and walked up to her front porch. I sat down and curled up as I began to cry again. The last thing I remember before falling asleep, is the text message I sent her. I hope she seen it, and felt the love that she so badly deserved and wanted.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. I hope that it was good. It is currently 1:32 am and I am still not tired. I need to get sleep, but I refuse to close my eyes. Comment if you know what I am making a reference to. :D