Prologue

Life is fading and the world is spinning. A black hole has opened up and consumed every inch of me. I would have never thought that my life would end this way, with red and blue lights twinkling as I lay on the concrete hard floor of Jackie's to Go parking lot.

It's beautiful, I think to myself as I look up, the way the stars are so small yet so enchanting, safe in the galaxy, watching upon us. It was in fifth grade when I found out that the stars are planets and bigger than my fist. Mr. Anderson explained about astronomy  and I remember I was so fascinated.

"Every star you see in the night sky is bigger and brighter than our sun," he explained.

"They don't twinkle!" he continued and everyone gasped.

He demonstrates and kept going on to a bunch of ten years old about the collision of the universe with passion that I have never seen before.

I thought, that's what our hearts did, they collided.

However, I judged too soon.

How stupid am I to fall in love with a beast. A beast that consumed me daily and I allowed it. I can't call him a beast, it is a harsh description because he was beautiful in every way. To me, it was the way his green eyes reminded me of grass. And his dark hair reminded me of soil. It's the way the grass cherished the soil for giving it life.

For giving me life.