t h i r t e e n

"What's your middle name?" Adam asks as he drives me home.

I shot him a look, "what's yours?"

He chuckles, "I asked first."

"And I choose not to answer," I challenge back.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you're very stubborn?" He teases.

"Maybe a few times," I mock as I roll my eyes.

"It's Thomas. Here, I told you mine, now tell me yours," he demands.

"I never said I would," I arch an eyebrow. He shakes his head to my words.

"Besides, why do you want to know... Tommy?" I tease as a smirk is plastered on my face.

"Well, sometimes Lizzy you just have to answer a question when asked," he smirks back.

I let out a huff as I fumble with my fingers.

"Just tell me, pleeeaassseee," he begs as his voice irritates my ears.

"Okay, fine just stop with that awful sound," I say as I cover my ears.

He laughs, amused with my behavior, "well?"

"It's Ivy," I blurt out.

His face suddenly falls as he shifts uncomfortably in his seat. With his one hand on the steering wheel he takes his fingers and brushes his tattoo, IV.

"That's my mother's name," he whispers so low that I struggle to know if I actually heard him.

"So it's not a roman number four?" I ask.

He shakes his head as to say no.

"It's IVY," I say.

For a while he doesn't reply but finally says,"I never actually told anyone what my tattoo stands for until you." He looks up to meet my eyes and a the light of green hits me hard. I'm falling hard.

He parks the car and turn to face me.

"So.. hold up," he says with his attitude changing an one eighty degrees. "Your initials are L.I.P? As in an actual lip?"

I nod.

"God, that's hilarious," he laughs.

"Are you done laughing?" I ask, annoyed. I shouldn't have told him, it's embarrassing. But if I didn't, I wouldn't have known what his tattoo stands for. I guess it's a win-win situation. After knowing that my middle name means more to him than I thought it would, It started to grow on me. I actually like it. But I wonder what happened to his mother? Why did his eyes turn sad the minute I mentioned her name? I want to ask Adam, but it's none of my business. He will tell me when the time is right. Hopefully.

"Umm yeh sorry. So, Lesley Ivy Parker, would you do me the honors and go out on a date with me?" He smirks at me. I can't help but smile.

God, he's beautiful.

"I'll think about it," I reply while my hands stumble upon opening the car door.

I head out and I perk up upon Adam yelling, "So is that a yes?"

"I said I will think about it," I state out.

"So, tomorrow at eight?" He asks.

"I can't. I have work tomorrow," I reply.

"Fine, then I'll pick you up after tomorrow at eight, be ready," he orders, smiles, and drives away.

I stand in the middle of the road, beaming with happiness.