Chapter Six

I turned my head to see daylight stream in past the curtains. I looked back to Cry and laughed, "We stayed up all night."

He laughed, too, and we continued our conversation. Until we heard shuffling come down the hall way and say Cheyanne looking at us, squinting her eyes.

"Minx never woke me for my shift, now I see why." she nearly growled and they stalked off down the hall.

Cry and I exchanged glances and he just shrugged, causing me to let out a low giggle. We decided, after the incident with Cheyanne, that we'd fix up breakfast for everyone. I snuck into Minx's room to grab the tuna and bread that she had left and then a small bag of the boar left. We started a fire and heated up the leftovers and then placed it all on the china plates we found, then set the table all nice and pretty.

"We should reach Croation tonight." He smiled at me and then surveyed our work on the table.

I put out the fire and looked at him, "What if it's overrun? Where do we go?"

He shrugged a bit and looked at me, "We could always come back here."

"There are only five bedrooms, though. Some people are going to have to share those bunk beds and the king sized bed." I told him and he shrugged.

"Let's go wake the others." He offered, changing the subject. I nodded and we went into room, gently waking the others up to a nice breakfast, Minx slightly confused on why she was never woken up for her shift.

Once everyone was out of their bedroom and sitting at the table, Cry stood up and made an announcement.

"Tonight we should get to Croation." He began, grabbing everyone's attention as they looked up to him while chewing food, Me doing the same, "We don't know if it'll even be habitable, so we need to think of something in case it's overrun."

Everyone exchanged glances and Cry found your eyes. You smiled with your mouth full and he chuckled, regained everyone's attention.

"I say we come back here. It's safe and comfy for all of us. We can go on trips back to the city every month or so to scavenge for supplies because it's only a two day walk." He stopped talking, allowing everyone to think about what he said.

"There aren't enough bedrooms." Minx realized and spoke her thoughts out loud. Everyone kind of nodded and looked to Cry for his argument.

"We can always convert the library into a room if we can cut the bunkbeds apart." He offered, sharing an eye with everyone.

"What about the master bedroom with the King bed? Two people would need to stay in there." Cheyanne pointed out. Everyone nodded again and looked back to Cry.

He just shrugged, "I guess two people would have to share."

"Maybe we should figure out the room arrangements once we actually know if we'll be staying here or not?" I asked, changing the subject because I saw Jund's eyes flipping between Cry and I and I knew were this was going.

Snake nodded as he stood up, "She's right, we should get moving if we want to make it to Croation before sundown." And then he walked out of the room.

"Well, you heard the man, get packing." Cry said and everyone stood up, having been done with their meal. I ate the last bit of boar off my plate as everyone left. Cry started gathering up the empty plates and setting them in the sink.

"Let me help." I stood up and took the rest of the plates and set them in the sink.

"If we come back, we'll need to wash these off so we don't attract bugs." He said as he set the last dish in.