Chapter Seven

I woke up to someone hitting my back. I groaned and was automatically shushed. I sat up a bit to see Cry staring at the door, which was closed.

"Get up and straighten your bed. Grab your bag and get in the closet. He whispered.

I immediately knew something was wrong and I got up as quietly as I could and pulled the covers onto the bed, then picked up my bag and slipping into the closet. A moment passed before Cry crawled into the closet and shut off the flashlight, leaving us in total darkness. He set down his bag and then sat next to it, grabbing my hand and pulling me down with him. I sat down and tried to calm m breathing.

"Something is in the house. I heard Minx scream" He whispered, very slowly.

I shut my eyes and squeezed his hand, getting one in return.

Just the room flooded with light, as we could see through the cracks in the closet door. I saw two men walk in with their guns pointed around the room.

"There isn't anyone in here. Let's round up the people we got and get out of here before Glitchers show up." One of the men said and lowered his gun.

I felt Cry put a hand over my mouth, realizing I was breathing hard.

"What are we ganna do with 4 people, Marty?" The one who didn't speak before asked. Someone hadn't been caught, because they only had four people.

I saw 'Marty' shrug, "We can take them to the mayor, and maybe she'll know what."

"Why do we even take the people? Can't we just raid their supplies and go?"

"We can always use them as workers, Ted. And it's best not to question the Mayor. She's ruthless." Marty answered, advising 'ted'. With that, they walked out of the room and shut the door behind them.

Cry took his hand off my mouth and grabbed his gun, "Come on, we need to kill them."

Before I could respond, he stood up and slowly slid the closet door open. I nervously looked around the room and grabbed my gun. I pointed it at the door as he opened it.

We walked out of the room with guns pointed, cautiously making our way down the hallway. I heard heavy footsteps going around the living room area.

I clicked the safety off my gun and put my finger on the trigger.

We came into the room and Cry's voice boomed, "Back away from the people."

Marty and Ted nearly jumped out of their skin. Marty started reaching for the gun, but I shot the area next to his head and he recoiled, staring up at me.

"Don't fucking move!" I yelled and they stayed still. This seemed easier than it should have been, and I started growing suspicious.

"I don't think they are alone." I spoke to Cry, not taking my eyes off the men. I looked to see Minx knocked out on the ground and Cheyanne, Scott, and Russ all tied up and sitting on the couch. Snake was nowhere to be seen. I looked back to the guys to see a smile on Marty's face.

I turned around just in time to be struck on the head with a rock. I fell to the floor, gasping at the pain in my temple. I shut my eyes tight and clutched the floor. And a gunshot echoed through the room, causing my head to explode in a nausea of pain. Two more shots erupted and I let out a groan.

I felt two hands on my shoulders and I reached for my gun.

"It's Cry!" A voice said and I let my hand go limp to the floor. The hands on my shoulders turned me over.