It's the little things

A/N: Here's something to tide you over until I can finish up the next chapter! Sorry for the delay. 

(For those of you confused, these are just some nice moments with Cry and the reader during the year time skip.)

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice called. I shoved the piece of torn paper in my book as the mark for my place and looked up to see Cry leaning on my doorframe.

I smiled, moving my feet to my chest, giving him room to sit on the couch next to me.

"What's up, babe?" I asked, reaching out for his hand.

"Just got out of the office with Dana about the last mission." He took my hand, squeezing.

"She upset?" I asked. He nodded and spread my legs apart, laying down and setting his head on my chest.

I didn't ask anything else, I knew he didn't want to talk about it. Instead, I let my book fall to the floor and I wrapped my one arm around his back. My free hand found his hair and began playing in it.

He let out a soft hum in content, making a small smile curl on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cry?" I mumble tiredly and pull myself to sit up on my elbows.

His hushed whimpers fill the room again, I reach over and turn on the light. I roll back to Cry and see his face twisted into pain. He gripped his pillow so hard his knuckles were white.

I was on his in a flash, shaking his shoulder and prying his hand from the pillow. He stirred, his face showing so many emotions I couldn't pick out just one. I shook him hard, calling out his name.

A moment later, his eyes burst open and he sucked in a huge gulp of air. He looked around, confused and scare, until his eyes connected with mine.

His face softened as a few tears formed. I gently laid my hand on his cheek, caressing it with my thumb.

"Shhh..." I began, watching as he leaned into my touch, "I'm right here, baby, nothing's ganna get you."

I scooted closer to him, taking my arms and wrapping them tightly around him, trying to get as close as I possibly could.

We stayed like that as I whispered sweet nothings into his ears. I only stopped when his breathing evened out and I knew he was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hit the punching bag one last time before backing away and setting my hands on my knees, hunched over and out of breath.

"You know," Cry's voice made me jump, "I was looking for you in the cafeteria."

I sighed, grabbing my bottle of water and twisting off the cap, "Sorry, I forgot to tell you."

"It's fine, Snake said I would find you here."

I nodded, not bothering to answer. Instead, I set the bottle down and went back to the punching bag.

Cry waited until I stopped to talk, "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything's fine." I told him matter-of-factly. He gripped my shoulder harder and spun me to face him. Surprised, I reached out, grabbing his sides to steady myself.

"Are you sure?" He asks, concern written all over his face.

I smiled, "Of course."

He pulled me in for a hug, holding on so tight I could just barely breathe.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear after a moment.

I laid my head on his shoulder, "I love you, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was in the middle of the afternoon, but Cry and I were still in bed. He threw away half a pancake that we hadn't eaten, then jumped back onto the bed--Literally.

I squealed as I was launched into the air, coming back down with a bounce and a grunt.

"I think there's syrup on your cheek." Cry said, trying to hold in his laughter.

I gasped, touching my cheeks, "What? Where?"

Cry couldn't contain his smile as he leaned over and planted a wet sloppy kiss on my cheek.

I playfully shoved him away, wiping the slime from my cheek.

His face shifted into mock-horror, "Oh no!"

I gave him a suspicious look, "What now?"

He slowly started to lean forward, "I think there's something else on your face..."

I leaned away from him, wiping my cheek again, "No, get away from me!"

We were at a standstill until he leapt for me. I squealed and jumped off the bed, running around the room until I felt his hands clasp around my waist and lift me into the air before throwing me onto the bed.

I laughed, tears springing from my eyes, "No! No!"

He jumped on top on me and placed random kisses all around my face, both of us giggling until we couldn't breathe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cry shifted under me, making the water splash against the side of the bathtub and hit me in the face. I cringed back, reaching for the washcloth and wiping the suds from my cheek.

"Is it still warm enough?" He asked, his hands finding their way back to my stomach, resting there.

I nodded, leaning my head back as far as I could on his chest, "It's perfect."

He responded with a gentle kiss and a smile, which I returned. I slid down in the tub, trying to cover as much as I could with the warmth of the water. Finally resting my head on his chest and letting out a deep breath.

"This is nice." he hummed, breaking the silence. I nodded, shutting my eyes and focusing on the rhythmic beats of his heart. It was my favorite noise. Like music to my ears.

His arms slowly slid up and down my upper body. With the warmth of the water and the gentle sway of his chest, I was beginning to fall asleep.

All I remember was letting out a quite whisper, "I love you."

"I love you, (Y/N)."